Win XP Home hangs during SP3 update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win XP Home hangs during SP3 update.

Under 1 year old build machine. Nothing fancy, but decent AMD X2 based PC for general use.

It hangs when it’s in the finishing installation stage. I had to reboot and allow the automatic recovery to take place.

Anyone experienced this one yet?

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

it happened with mine. I rebooted it and it did again, so I just let it sit and after about ... 2 hours ... the upgrade finished.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
      it happened with mine. I rebooted it and it did again, so I just let it sit and after about ... 2 hours ... the upgrade finished.

I did the same thing, but after letting it sit overnight, I gave up on it.

Comment

Just an idea:

There was one screwup with HP AMD machines because HP left Intel drivers in their image.
        SP3 screwed up such machines, there's a resolution, do a search.

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

...If you have not yet installed SP3, make sure you disable, or better yet, remove, any anti-malware suite before doing so. If you do not, it is possible that you will get various kinds of corruption during the installation......

...and without it you'll get a various malware installed without noticing it.....

Comment

Had to reinstall, all good after that.

Comment

Working...
              X