Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to get EEPROM information

Hello all,

I'm currently attempting to flash the BIOS on a stack of G450 graphics cards using PROGBIOS.EXE, I've been upgrading the BIOS to v1.6-29 for use in a particular set of machines. The first batch of cards i flashed went through fine going from v1.3 to v.1.6-29 without issue, the problem came with a certain batch of cards with v1.4 BIOS installed, when attempting to perform the flash PROGBIOS.EXE bombs with the message:

ERROR! Unable to get EEPROM information.

I've tried going through Windows and flashing the cards but I get the same sort of message.
    I've read through GBM's page and the posts on here with the same issue but not with a G450 but with no luck.

Can anybody help me this problem?

can you flash those cards downward in the bios level?

C

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

No, when attempting to do a downgrade I receive the same message.

It almost seems as if the EPROM is write protected, it will allow me to find out the BIOS version it is currently at and to create a PINS file but not make any changes.

Comment

Problem solved.

Turned out the version of PROGBIOS.EXE that came with the cards is an older version. Downloading the newer version from the Matrox website allows the card to be flashed.
        I'm sure the same can be said for the windows BIOS flashing utility but once the DOS utility worked I left it at that.

Comment

Working...
        X