Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone already has the 4A model, AGP 4x capable ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone already has the 4A model, AGP 4x capable ?

Go to the MURC home page and read the shocking news: from a certain date G400 do perform AGP 4x transfers !
    In order to recognize these boards, a 4A is put in the model number (ex. G4+MDH4A32GB/40).

Who already has one of these boards and when he purchased it ?

I am at work now but I am quite sure my MAX doesn't have the 4A, I bought in august from Matrox Store.

we have two diff. g400 dh oem boards delivered from a local retailer.
    one model 906-04 rev. B it has the 4a in the label: G4+MDH4A32G.
    the other one model 906-01 rev. A has the label G4+MDHA32G.
    at home i also have a retail version I'll have to see what kind of label it has but i've noticed one difference already the oem boards have some kind of brass screws in the heat sink and i'm pretty sure my retail board doesn't have those.

Comment

My G400MAX is AGP4x tranfers capable Shame my mobo isn't

Comment

I just checked out my G400MAX, no 4A in the model...guess it isn't AGP capable. To be honest, who cares. Although it would be nice to have that feature available, it's not a big concern of mine.

I don't plan to migrate the G400MAX from my current setup. When it comes time to buying a new PC (hopefully not too soon, spend too much already), I'll get an AGP 4X motherboard with the lastest and greatest offering from Matrox.

I do truly sympathize with those who feel they have been cheated. I felt the same way at first after hearing the news a couple of days ago. But after a few minutes I thought to myself, the card still kicks ass!

NO INTENTION OF RETURNING CARD - it's a keeper!

------------------
        Regards,

Ben

Config: AOPen AX6BC, P2 400@450, 128MB RAM, SB Live!, Netgear 10/100, Adapted 2940U2W SCSI adapter, Seagate Barracuda 4.3GB UW, Quantum Atlas III 9.1GB U2W, Yamaha 4416S writer, Pioneer 36X SCSI CD reader, STB Blackmagic V2 (SLI) - removed after new TurboGL, Matrox G400MAX,
        Viewsonic PS790 and G773, Win98SE

Regards,

Ben

Config: Abit BE6-II r1, PIII 700E@933, 256MB PC133 RAM (CAS2), SB Live!, Intel 82558 10/100 Net Adapter, IBM 13.5 GXP IDE HD, Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Host Adapter, Quantum Atlas III 9.1GB U2W SCSI HD, Yamaha 4416S writer, Pioneer 36X SCSI CD-ROM, Matrox G400MAX (Yeah!), Viewsonic PS790 and E771, Win98SE and NT4

Comment

Working...
        X