X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent cooler for Parhelia APVe?

Hello!

I'm a Matrox user for 11 years now...

I couldn't live with some great features that only Matrox has, so I got myself an APVe in my new PC.

My PC also has a role of a music server (I'm using Squeezebox and an external DAC) and it has to be as silent as possible.

My previous Matrox cards all had passive cooling (Millennium and G400).

The fan on APVe looks really cheap and it is quite loud!

Do you have any suggestions or first hand experience that might help me in finding the best (quietest) cooler solution?

Thanks in advance,

Aleksandar

PS

And yes, even the exhisting heatsink and fan are not applied properly on APVe!

APVe GPU is located very close to the edge of the card, near the PCIe connectors.
    This results in the heatsink not being centered on the GPU.
    When looking closely from the side, I can see that maybe only one third of the GPU is actually making full contact with the`heatsink, since it is being off center and slightly tilted because of uneven mounting screws pressure.

The whole contraption seems like an afterthought.
    Last edited by Kuja; 16 July 2008, 09:23.

Some of the Zalman Heatpipes used to fit on regular Parhelia. If APVe is similar enough they might also fit on it.

Comment

As UtwigMU said, the Zalman ZM 80 D fit the Parhelia, maybe it can also fit the APVe. Some people here also replaced the parhelia noisy fan by a quieter one from Verax, maybe you can find one.
      System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Hi,

I have Zalman ZM80D-HP plus an additional fan ZM-OP1 on my Parhelia 128MB AGP-8x and they fit perfectly. However, Parhelia APVe's heatsink is rotated by 90 degrees so you can't probably use the same metal clips for mounting.

Parhelia 128MB AGP:

Parhelia APVe:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikko View Post
          Hi,

I have Zalman ZM80D-HP plus an additional fan ZM-OP1 on my Parhelia 128MB AGP-8x and they fit perfectly. However, Parhelia APVe's heatsink is rotated by 90 degrees so you can't probably use the same metal clips for mounting.

Parhelia 128MB AGP:

Parhelia APVe:
          http://www.matrox.com/graphics/media...helia/apve.jpg

Actually the APVe's mounting holes looks almost like standard nv/ati placement
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
          X