Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I view Internet Explorer Add-Ons for I.e. 6.0 SP1 for W2KSP4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I view Internet Explorer Add-Ons for I.e. 6.0 SP1 for W2KSP4?

How do I view Internet Explorer Add-Ons for I.e. 6.0 SP1 for W2KSP4?

...within ie > tools > manage addins ???

C

Comment

That is for IE 6.0 SP2 and later.

Comment

what does the online help file say ???

C

Comment

support.micorosft.com keeps referring to I.E. 6.0SP2 or 7.

I was not able to find anything in the apps help file.

Comment

Install IE 6.0 SP2 or later?
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

gee whiz !!!

...you would think that managing addins is an important enough feature to mention in the apps help file !

C

Comment

As I recall you just need to look within the add-on folder. It might be within the "Local Settings" sub-tree. I'll see if I can locate it on my W2K system tomorrow.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                  Install IE 6.0 SP2 or later?
                  Not possible on a 2K system. Gotta make her IT give her back a computer fo hers that he assigned to another person. more RAM etc. . .

Comment

Originally posted by xortam View Post
                    As I recall you just need to look within the add-on folder. It might be within the "Local Settings" sub-tree. I'll see if I can locate it on my W2K system tomorrow.

Looking . . . . .

Comment

Y'know, I'm just... ok wait, this is a computer which is... why isn't she asking IT for help?

NOTHING upsets our helpdesk more than people who ask their friends/relatives/etc. for help with something when it's an internal IT issue.

Edit: I don't mean this to sound irked or anything...
                      Last edited by Gurm; 18 July 2008, 12:00.
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

but said friend is usually a computer genius.. no?
                        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                          Y'know, I'm just... ok wait, this is a computer which is... why isn't she asking IT for help?

NOTHING upsets our helpdesk more than people who ask their friends/relatives/etc. for help with something when it's an internal IT issue.
                          Her IT helpdesk has (when combined) an IQ slightly belove average for a rhesus monkey?

She asked last month, they keep repeating that "they do not yet know if its an hardware or software error"

The IT manager sent her a stern letter telling her that hacking the computers was strictly forbidden but since he was a nice fellow he'd let her of with a warning.

Helpdesk told her that it was a Trade secret!
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
                            Her IT helpdesk has (when combined) an IQ slightly belove average for a rhesus monkey?

She asked last month, they keep repeating that "they do not yet know if its an hardware or software error"

The IT manager sent her a stern letter telling her that hacking the computers was strictly forbidden but since he was a nice fellow he'd let her of with a warning.

Helpdesk told her that it was a Trade secret!

Oh, well in THAT case...

Comment

I couldn't find my note on this (was a number of years ago). I also long ago turned off extensions on IE so I couldn't hunt for them in the FS.
                              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                              X