Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provider for streaming site?

Ok, here's the deal....

A female friend of ours husband took off on her, the kids and their online radio site - taking off for some young filly in another state after 6 years of marriage. A real asswipe. Their sites account was in his name and he's canceling it after this month.

We have already saved out the main pages code, that of all the show pages and the archived content, so that's taken care of.

They had the site running on godaddy.com and always had throughput issues; a few listeners and the feed would break up even if the content was at low bitrates. Obviously godaddy.com wasn't the answer.

What I need for her is recommendations as to providers that would provide better service for such a site at a reasonable price. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.....
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 July 2008, 17:05.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hm...there's something wrong with current Web when the only thing that popped into my mind was (free? hadn't looked that much into it yet) video streaming site:

(Youtube effect?)

Well, in theory it might be usefull - one could set up static/"something a bit more creative" image and simply stream audio, but I imagine radio site you mention is of different kind. (and TBH I'm not sure how Justin.tv can be usefull at all, when, for example, I was contemplating semi-seriously "Big Rat reality show" some time ago - you heard it first, folks )

PS. Perhaps ask on some central Shoutcast community, wherever that would be? (section on Nullsoft/Winamp forums?). Or perhaps Icecast devs would have some tips?

Comment

Working...
    X