default double click action in windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default double click action in windows XP

I don't know how he did it, but my brother has managed to change the default double click action on any folders/drive on his computer from open to search.

Anyone now how to fix it.

When you right click on a folder you can see that search is the default operation at the top of the context menu.

It is very annoying, making folder browsing very frustrating.

I only just formatted and reinstall windows XP sp3 on his machine, and a week later he managed to this

I tried creating a new user , but it seem the default settings for all users has been screwed

Is it a Logitech mouse? If so, did he install the Set Point software? If so, check the setting sin that software.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia View Post
      Is it a Logitech mouse? If so, did he install the Set Point software? If so, check the setting sin that software.
      You're right. SetPoint SW is a sin.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I will check the setting in setpoint.

He has a logitech wireless desktop and does have setpoint installed.
        Is there any alternative to setpoint and still get multimedia keys and battery indicators?

Comment

Originally posted by xortam View Post
          You're right. SetPoint SW is a sin.
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman View Post
            I will check the setting in setpoint.

He has a logitech wireless desktop and does have setpoint installed.
            Is there any alternative to setpoint and still get multimedia keys and battery indicators?
            hmmm, I don't have the setpoint software installed and all the keys seem to work for me. As for the low battery, I have LEDs on my mouse.

Comment

Dial a fix can reportedly fix that problem
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

ok, i removed setpoint and it made no difference.

It seem something has screwed up the registered file types(Folder/File Folder) so open was broken.
                I manually added some registry entries for open into DIRECTORY in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
                While it works I think I don't think it should be like that.

I see a .folder class , which not on my computer but is on my brothers.
                Could that be a leftover from setpoint is something else , eg winamp going mad taken over file associations?

Comment

Find a 3rd party that can fix it, that dial-a-fix sounds good. The actual fix for this is GHASTLY, and involves an absolute metric tonne of registry changes that scare even the MS-inclined.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

ok I'll give dial a fix a go.

Comment

Working...
                    X