Wimbledon/Silverstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wimbledon/Silverstone

I'm not an organised "sports" fan, by any means, but yesterday's Federer v. Nadal match was a real cliffhanger. 4 h 48 min ending in a 5th set tie break with Nadal winning the last game at 9-7 - and it could have gone either way, right to the last ball in poor light.

At Silverstone, Lewis Hamilton almost walked home to the chequered flag, with a minute to spare. Half-way through the championship, he shares 48 points with Massa and Raikonnen. I can't recollect a 3-way tie like that before: the second hald could be nail-biting.

Yesterday sure had eyes turned to England.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

The wet weather did us more than one favour - didn't have to miss anything and it spiced the race up no end (and arguably lead directly to Hamilton's victory).

I was glad to see Nadal win, and as you say it really could have gone either way at any time.

Hopefully Hamilton's emphatic win will get our stupid, fickle press off his back, at least for a while. I'd love to think H can easily win from here but have to admit that mistakes have played as big a part as skill in arriving at the current standings. Truly only the team that gets everything right from here on in stands a chance of the drivers championship, and Mclaren's hopes for the constructors' must be pretty low.

And then there's the big news that the British GP will be moving to Donnington Park (my local track, and a truly great circuit) from 2010. The next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting as they have to raise £100m to upgrade the track and facilities to modern GP standards, and they don't even have planning permission yet. Doing all that in 2 years is a very tall order.
    FT.

Comment

Working...
    X