Introducing Matrox M-Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Matrox M-Series

Introducing Matrox M-Series - graphics cards for stretched desktop applications powered by industry's first true QuadHead GPU
    New M-Series has more memory and cross-platform flexibility to drive multiple-monitor business applications with exceptional performance.

A series of five new graphics cards that build upon our core multi-monitor graphics technology strengths. Based on a new ASIC that offers native single-chip quad head support with PCI Express (PCIe) x16 performance, these cards are designed specifically to:
    • Provide a multiple-monitor user experience in Microsoft® Windows® Vista Aero
    • Offer improved performance and features for Windows XP users
    NocturnDragon

I've become more and more convinced that Matrox' new business plan is "let's design products that are really neat, and then price them at a point such that NOBODY WILL BUY THEM". *sigh*
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

ah, is it 2006 already?

jking aside; i believe deserve a big round of: FINALLY!
      /meow
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      Asus Striker ][
      8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
      Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

I have no knowledge/proof of current chips/software, since the beta program ended long ago, and everyone I knew at M is long gone...but when this chip was in it's initial works years ago, it was a given at that time that most of the DX10/11 functions would be handled with software, and the ASIC was going to be pretty much crippled.

I suspect this is still the case, as they are marketing for a specific few niches of business markets, where speed is not a primary concern. They decided long ago that the gamer/home user market was beyond their grasp, and that they would focus on multi-monitor (financial, trade, restaurant, etc) and medical applications. In these markets, cost is not as much a concern, and they can charge what they want for their functionality.

I seriously doubt we will see any MURCers outside of any of these specific groups actually purchase any of these cards...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

So...you knew about new chips, but haven't told anything to AmigaBlitter?!

Comment

no displayport???

Comment

Anything with Displayport gets a big *yawn* from me.

Comment

Benchmarks, benchmarks!
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                  Benchmarks, benchmarks!
                  Yeah, run 3DMark in quad-display mode, please!
                  Last edited by Mikko; 30 June 2008, 02:43.

Comment

Lol!

Comment

I wonder if a Matrox card like a m9120/9125 could replace my GeForce 7600 GS?

In my old PC I had a G550 for years and was very happy with it. 2 years ago I bought a new one with a GF 7600 GS. The main reason was that I wanted a silent card which was able to display the Windows Vista Aero desktop, and the Parhelias and P650/750s did not meet these requirements at that time.

Additionally, my GF7600 is not 100% stable. Sometimes at PC bootup, the TFT is out of sync. At every 30-40th PC start, the Windows boot screen is distorted by 1000s of wrong flickering pixels and the system crashes when it tries to load the graphics driver. Some old games need certain features activated or deactivated in the graphics driver setup to run properly. Some old games have also problems with the displaying of fonts...

Then, the new m 9XXXs would have at least 512 MB RAM and two DVI ports, the current 7600 has only 256 MB, and one DVI and one VGA port...

Most of the time I need a GFX card for Office, Internet, but occasionally I also use ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Corel Draw or Photoshop... A good (DOS)text mode (better than the 7600's) would also important, because I'm a FreePascal fan... Sometimes I play old games like Sim City 4, Trains & Trucks Tycoon, Bomberman, Crimson Skies (mostly DX7). These titles should run stable at acceptable framerates without display errors or having to tweak driver settings ...

It would be fine if I could get a kind of an updated, stable G550 with outstanding 2D capabilities, DX9-support and no annoying bugs as my GeForce...

But some 3d Mark results would be also interesting, of course...
                      I think the m9125 x16 would be more interesting for me because of the higher resolutions. Are there other differences to the 9120?
                      Do the m-cards support DX9 or even DX 10?
                      What is this connector on the left upper side of the PCB for, SLI? *LOL*

Comment

Well I think the Parhelia is just dx 8.1. It does say it has Vista/Aero support though if that counts for anything.
                        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
                        X