Sasq starting to keep fit? :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sasq starting to keep fit? :p

Apparently some new anti-obesity laws are beeing introduced in Japan...

An anonymous reader writes "A recently-introduced law in Japan requires all businesses to have mandatory obesity checks (video link) for all their employees and employees' family members over the age of 40, CNN reports. If the employee or family member is deemed obese, and does not lose the extra f...

I guess the new and stressfull work conditions mean that he'll adopt much more "no-BS" approach on MURC, so now yours last chance to make fun of him
    Last edited by Nowhere; 24 June 2008, 13:59.

My legs are bigger around than that ... ouch.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

*gulp*
      FT.

Comment

The legislated upper limit for the waistline is 33.5" for men, and 35.5" for women
        the requirements are a bit too much for a lot of asians (well for me and my family actually, we are Indians) I'm one of the slimmest guys in my family with 33" and a gal with less than 36" waist would look too skinny for me
        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

whew I'm good for another 7 years
          will have to peak into this though.
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I don't think Dan has to worry as much since he is 1) not Japanese, 2) not a Japanese citizen (at the moment).

Comment

his status is resident yeti last I knew....:-)
              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Actually I do, seems this is more to do with Insurance.
                as far as the laws go regarding retirement plans, insurance, tax and normal employee rules, I am considered Japanese.

I just don't get to vote for who is pilfering from my wallet.
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Are there provisions for those who are non-Japanese residents?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
                    I just don't get to vote for who is pilfering from my wallet.
                    Ha.
                    Like that's ever done most of us any good.
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                      Are there provisions for those who are non-Japanese residents?
                      not having looked at this fully, and a quick word with my boss, it seems mostly to do with our insurance fees.

There would be provisions for everyone to be able to get out of it in some way or another.
                      Its safe to assume if a doctor thinks you are healthy at a 35" waist, for your body type, there wouldn't be an issue.
                      as for non-Japanese workers, we only start to fall under the local work laws regarding insurance/retirement etc when we have been here 1+ years. In my case, well I have been here a tad longer
                      Juu nin to iro

Comment

hrm actually was thinking about this on the train.

just something to keep in mind, this is the country that introduced more public holidays to try to curb the overworking mentality of workers and companies.

This I suspect is just something to make sure companies care more about their workers then just drones in the hive.
                        Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                        X