Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluray testing

Hello.

At last, I have purchased a BluRay burner (LG H20L). Four years after I have used for first time an HDV cam (SONY FX1, september 2004) I'm ready to start testing Bluray authoring.

I have some troubles:

1.- disk space: I have purchased a 1TB samung drive because every bluray test takes 25 Gigas plus conversions, etc (30-40 Gigas at last... OR MORE).
    2.- I'm thinking to change my Intel Core2duo 4400 @3000 to an Quad Core 6400 and overclock it to 3000. Times to render are sloooooow. Very, very slow.
    3.- Memory: I only have 3 Gigas, but XP can't take more. Next step is Vista x64 but I don't like it. And there is nothing real on Linux to do anything for video.

I have some questions about file conversions, but my first problem is anybody knows a way to author a fast blueray. If I capture from a HDV cam (1440x1080 MPG2 video at 3500CBR and 384CBR stereo audio; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDV) , THERE IS A WAY TO RECORD IT DIRECTLY (only transcoding audito to PCM or AC3, but without touching video track)?

As I have tested, it doesn't matter what profile you select (on Adobe Encore CS3 and VideoStudio 11 plus), it transcode video again (audio always is necesary).

I have to do some test with Cyberlink Producer, the soft that comes wiht the drive, but I think is very simple to do something like that.

Well, let's continue doing tests.
    Thanks.

Windows xp pro 64bit works with large memory (using 8G myself)
    A decent video editing program for linux using h264 content is cinerella.

Comment

I have reinstaled XP x32 again. There was a lot of rare errors with Encore CS3 (no space (???)) and now I have a 175 GB partition for OS and the rest of 1T for doing tests.

I have done a bluray disc with Ulead Video Studio 11+ but quality was bad.

Let's start all again and see what happen now .

I don't have idea what's the fast way to do a bluray (encoding video MPEG2, MPG4 or VC-1), but this is the game .

More info in the next post (three or four years... if I don't change my CPU).

Let's go...

Comment

At last... ONE BLURAY DISC finished.
        My first one

Well, this are the numbers:

2 HDV tapes with more or less 110 minutes of HDV 1440x1080 at CBR 25K and 320CBR MP3 Audio converted with ENCORE (I have to REINSTALL EVERYTHING, S.O., programs, etc.; lot of hangs) at more or less the same as HDV (1440x1080 CBR 25k) and audio Dolby ST 192K takes... 12 Hours of recoding and more than 1 hour to record on a BD-RW at 2x speed.

Quality: well, but Encore RECODED ALL. Long time and lost a little quality.

Computer: Core2duo 4400 @3000 with 3 Gigas of RAM, XP. CPUs at 100% all the time.

I have no energy to try MPG-4. This will take 2 or three times.

This is the moment for things like this:

Let's continue searching.

Ah, one important thing: if you don't install msxml6.msi from Microsoft, Encore don't work well, lot of rare issues.

Comment

So how are you liking the LG drive so far?

Did you get the retail pack with software for playback and burning?

I hope its a reliable burner , cause those blank blu-ray disks are $%#$ expenisve

I will probably grab a second generation LG drive a soon as it arrives locally

Comment

Working...
          X