George Carlin dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Carlin dies

I can't even begin to describe how hard this one hit me....

Link....

Grammy-Winning Comedian, Counter-Culture Figure George Carlin Dies at 71

George Carlin, a Grammy-winning comedian, actor and writer, who became a counter-culture figure famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure near Los Angeles Sunday, Reuters reported. He was was 71.

Carlin, who had a history of heart problems, died at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.

Carlin became an anti-Establishment icon in the 1970s with stand-up bits full of drug references and a routine about seven dirty words you could not say on television. A regulatory battle over a radio broadcast of his comedy routines ultimately reached the U.S. Supreme Court.

He released 22 solos albums and three best-selling books was famous for his "Seven Words You Can Never Say On TV" routine. He also acted in a variety of movie and TV roles.

Carlin was due to be awarded the 11th annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor by the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts at November 10 ceremony, according to an AP report.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I was just going to post this. Very sad

Thanks for a lifetime of laughter, you will be missed...RIP
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Man this is a BAD way to wake up. We'll miss you George.
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Yeah, saw the ticker on CNN this morning and literally choked on my coffee. Working on an RIP poster for my office now. *sigh*
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

RIP.
          He was one of the greats.
          An active comedy career spanning 50 years.
          Wow.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
          X