Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VGA -> SVHS/RCA convertor (for dual head)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VGA -> SVHS/RCA convertor (for dual head)

Hello.

As far as I remember, Matrox supplied an original VGA -> SVHS/RCA convertor with its dual-head cards.

The original convertor is hard to find, so I thought if this Ebay item can do the same thing or not? :

I appreciate any feedback.

The original is not hard to find. They have the proper cables by application at shopmatrox.com.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Maybe it is not hard to find (I believe that is the item CAB-HD15-TVF on ShopMatrox.com), but it is hard to acquire, because I live in a 3rd world country (Bosnia and Herzegovina).
      That's why I have to turn to these Chinese merchants who would ship even to Mars if they had a potential costumer there.

If anybody knows of online shop which has original converter, and does ship worldwide, please give me the link. Otherwise, please tell me if this chinese converter clone is any good.
      Last edited by Bosanek; 21 June 2008, 11:52.

Comment

They have Bosnia and Herzegovina listed in their Shipping Calculator:

Shopmatrox category "Other Countries":

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot to mention it in PM

I still have mine. I might be able to get it all out this week. Shipping ~$15 I think, not confirmed though.
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Mikko, thank you for the link. But I still don't get much use from it, because the total cost of the converter would be $9.95 (base cost) + $6.25 (shipping) + $2.8 (my local customs' fee). That is $19 for a gadget for a card which isn't itself worth more than $3 (even if any worth at all).

So I still have to go for chinese. So, does that chinese converter represent a functional (I know that it can't match the quality) equivalent to the original Matrox's converter?

Mehen, we'll continue on the PM

Comment

Originally posted by Bosanek View Post
              So, does that chinese converter represent a functional (I know that it can't match the quality) equivalent to the original Matrox's converter?
              It's impossible to tell without seeing the pinouts of this adapter. Matrox uses special cable witch has two pins shorted in a HD-15 (VGA) connector. This allows Matrox card and Matrox drivers to detect TV out adapter.

Comment

Well that information is very useful. I'll buy the chinese converter and modify it if necessary. Thank you for the link too.

Comment

You're welcome.

Previous link was for G450 Series, G550 Series, P Series & Parhelia.
                  This is for G400 only: http://forum.tuxx-home.at/viewtopic....6&p=3633#p3438

Comment

Working...
                  X