Any PERL boffin around that can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any PERL boffin around that can help?

I am trying to monitor temperatures on a solar water heater installation.

I have a little 4 sensor serial port item that I currently use under hyper-terminal to manually get at 4 temps I am interested in .

I am no software boffin/code expert so I obviously have a problem soon as I now want to automate the process and produce nice graphs.

What I have found is a guy that has kindly produced a CGI script in PERL to enable access to the data from the serial monitor I am looking for and present it in an extremely useful way enabling me to access it over the internet or locally

As a total code ignoramus, I have gone and read and read and read and tried, but I will be damned if I can compile the PERL code into a simple executable file.

I have PERL installed, managed to figure the required modules to download, but somehow still get stuck on the very last step where some math library gets moaned about and I cannot seem to find out why or how to solve the problem.

Any kind soul here have any experience with PERL? ....................... What I need is a working executable (program.exe) from that script that I can slap on a machine and have it make nice pictures appear in front of my eyes without having to become a PERL/code expert.
    Lawrence
Working...
X