Pin code please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin code please

Me: I need your pin code so I can troubleshoot your mobile broadband modem.

Customer: pin code?

Me: the 4 digit code you punch into the modem software everytime you want to surf the net

C: oh 56 84 26 75

Me: are you sure?, that sounds like your PUK code?

C: It’s the one I use everytime!

Me: well, it’s not your PIN code, because your modem does not accept it.

C: But it has to be it It’s the one I use!

After three times it instead starts to ask for the PUK code and it readdily accepts the code she mentioned earlier.

When the customer came to collect the PC I took the chance to question her a bit more.

Turns out she used the PUK code every time she used the modem and reset the pin code (”password” as she called it) every time since after you have reset it it won’t ask for it until next session.

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

gotta love job security
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I should have written down all the screwy stuff asked me by friends/relatives/acquaintances and those on web forums. I think all of us should write a textbook for those entering computer service careers
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Text book no, mental health check as to why they would be that crazy - yes.
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
        X