Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $109 8800gt

XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB $139.99 - $30 MIR
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

They have some in the US for around $130 after rebates. One of them was for as little as $123. They must be dumping stock to make way for the new GTX 200 line.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised if the 8800GTS 512 and 9800GTX drop in price when the new ATI cards come out too.
      4850 will probably be just under 9800GTX performance, and 4870 just above (from what I have gathered so far anyways). I guess we'll see in the coming weeks. Too bad I hate ATI drivers
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Will they finally release DX10 GFX chip with respectable performance AND sensible power consumption/ability to be cooled passivelly?

It's a bit ridiculous that there's nothing better in this than gf8600, which is not that much cheaper than 8800/9600 are now, but waaay slower...

Comment

That is seriously cheap if you have a SLi board....

I'm just waiting for the ATi X2 launch, or at least some official info...
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
            Will they finally release DX10 GFX chip with respectable performance AND sensible power consumption/ability to be cooled passivelly?

It's a bit ridiculous that there's nothing better in this than gf8600, which is not that much cheaper than 8800/9600 are now, but waaay slower...

Seriously. The fact that some people NEED a 1000W powersupply in their gaming rigs just baffles me.
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

guys I'm a bit confused, what's the difference between the GTX 200 line and the new 9800 series line, both are new from Nvidia, especially the 9800 GTX+

Thanks,
              Elie

Comment

9800's are based on G92(65nm) and now G92b(55nm) chips.
                New gen cards, GTX200, are based on new cores, G100 or something like that...
                PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

First ATi HD 48xx review:

Seems to perform roughly equal to an overclocked 8800 GT, but this is the "lower end single slot" design, the 4850.

Comment

More reviews of the ATi/AMD HD 4850, and some with the new 9800 GTX+, which is the 55 nm variant of the 9800 GTX, and runs at higher clock speeds:

Seems like the 4850 and the 8800(overclocked)/9800 trade off performance depending on the game/benchmark, but overall a pretty close match.

Comment

From what i've seen so far, i'm Extremely tempted by two 4850's, saw them last night on Grosbill.com in france for just under 148 euros...and thats the LAUNCH PRICE !!!!!!

by Christmas, there should be no one left with anything less than a 8-series Geforce or a Radeon 2-series upwards....

Maybe we'll start to see some super sweet games coming out...?
                      I can't wait to see how these new cards overclock...lol

Comment

I agree with you Evil except for all the people out there that haven't been able to upgrade because to do so they have to upgrade everything because they are still stuck in DDR1/AGP. Honestly, unless you game/multimedia edit DDR1/AGP does everything you need at a decent clip. Heck Gurm has an AGP rig with a 7800 in it and can play anything that isn't BIOSHOCK level of graphics.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Here they are, the 4850's on retail:

I love how someone already has a negative review up when the cards just came out today and there's no way he can already own one. Plus he said it's based on old tech, when if he had done any research at all he would know it's based on new tech and beats out the 8800gt in everything, unless the 8800gt is an overclocked model, and then only on certain things.

Anywho ... let the games begin.

Comment

whose good for AMD/ATI vid cards these days? I tend to buy EVGA for their lifetime warranties but they are a NVIDIA house.

Comment

There are silent 9600GTs. Ati: Sapphire is still good, Also Asus, Gigabyte.

Comment

Working...
                              X