Announcement: MSP Discontinued - get free VideoStudio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: MSP Discontinued - get free VideoStudio

Corel offers a broad portfolio of software for: Photo and video editing, DVD authoring and playback, graphics design and illustration, and office productivity and compression. On an ongoing basis we evaluate our product range to ensure that we focus our R&D resources, customer support and marketing efforts on our core product lines.
    After careful consideration, it has been determined that Corel will no longer actively develop or market MediaStudio Pro. While we recognize this will disappoint some MediaStudio Pro users, we must, like any business, align our resources to support our primary product lines. Corel will continue to support MediaStudio Pro through Corel’s Tech Support Department and its online Knowledge Base through June 18, 2009. Corel will continue to offer MediaStudio Pro on its eStore, stating it is not compatible with Windows Vista, and that Corel is not planning any future updates to MediaStudio Pro.

For users who require Vista-compatible video editing software, Corel offers VideoStudio 11.5 Plus, a consumer video editing product with many powerful features. Through July 31, 2008, Corel will provide free copies of VideoStudio 11.5 to MediaStudio Pro 8 customers. Simply email Corel’s customer service team at mediastudiopro@corel.com with your full name, mailing address including country, email address and MediaStudio Pro 8 serial number. One free, downloadable copy of Ulead VideoStudio 11.5 Plus will be emailed to you within six to eight weeks of receipt.

Beat me to it....

IMO about 6 months overdue, but a good move nevertheless.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Too bad they're not offering a deep discount for an MSP8 upgrade from version 7...

I took an expensive plunge in February, a few months after concluding that MSP would be dying, and before the "official" news came out. I picked up the following items:

Sony HDR-CX7
      Gateway GT-5676
      Sony Vegas Pro 8

The system came off the shelf at Circuit City with an AMD Phenom quad core, 4gig memory, running Vista Home Premium 64 with two 320gig SATA drives. I've added dual boot with XP32 (so that I can run MSP7), and a 750gig SATA drive to round the system out.

Aside from legacy software problems with Vista64, which are resolved on the alternate XP32 boot, this has been the most trouble-free excursion I've taken with any hardware/software combo for my amateur videography activities over the course of a decade. Price tag: about $3k USD, when I add in all the ancillary stuff that I've thrown in along the way.

I haven't posted here in over a year, but (in a curious sort of way) I do miss having problems to solve because it always drew me to this group... this was always the best of the best for finding answers. From the original "This Idiot's Guide to the Rainbow Runner" and all the way through to the current forum, I've always had a big soft spot for this group because this is where I cut my teeth in this whole adventure.

If it wasn't for this group, I probably would've given up on desktop video pretty soon after I started with the Rainbow Runner in 1998, with it's free copy of MSP (somewhere around version 2, 3, or maybe even 4).

Although I'm disappointed that MSP has reached the end of its life, it's forced me to break away from tape, from standard def, and from clinging to my old pentium-III... running WinME all those years.

Comment

Damm. To make use of this offer I have to pay the M$ tax and go up to Win XP..
        paulw

Comment

Working...
        X