• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley Cup goes to Hockeytown

Link....

Winning Stanley never grows old

Bob Wojnowski / The Detroit News

PITTSBURGH -- They had waited long enough and skated hard enough, endured sudden turns and crushing twists, until finally, finally, the Red Wings went ahead and took what they had to have, what they've been chasing all year, what they've always believed was theirs.

They took it in gasping, grasping fashion -- fitting fashion, really -- with Chris Osgood swiping at Pittsburgh's final, desperate shot. As the puck slid perilously past the open goal, the crowd shrieked and the final horn sounded, and then the Wings leaped in celebration and launched another rollicking Detroit summer.

In another terrific showcase of drama, the Wings beat the Penguins, 3-2, on Wednesday to win the Stanley Cup. They took this Cup with cool force, in their classically composed way, rolling into an enemy arena and quelling the noise.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I wanted the Pens to win, but if Detroit had to - I wish they would have won it at home.

Congrats to the Wings though, clearly the best team all year long.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
    X