X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming to a theater near you

soon.... very soon tm........
    howdy boys and gals... ...

been in beirut for over a month now... quit dubai cause i had engh of it.... but leb is just a small pit stop for me.....
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Beirut isn't exactly where I'd go, but in any case welcome back to cyberspace
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

oh youd be surpised how safe it is here.. my wife actual came here three times... and we evaded a bombing by 1 day... like we passed the exact same spot where the bomb whent off...

admitedly though it got prety spooky last month with all the gun men on the streets.... a car was shot right under my house and it whent up in flames... i will post pictures soon....

any way.. i dont belive i will be staying in leb or the ME much longer... hence the "coming to a theater near you :P"
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing the sarcasm in the way you post SD (welcome back BTW)...bombs, guns in the street,cars in flames...I wouldn't want my family anywhere near a single one of those.
        FT.

Comment

I once saw Jimmy Walker doing a comedy routine. Lemme see if I can find it on YouTube...

Nope, found the 5 minutes FOLLOWING it. *sigh*

Anyway, it was funny. Something to the effect of:

"Everyone wants to vacation in Lebanon. WHAT? WHY YOU WANNA GO TO LEBANON?!?"
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Fat Tone: i doubt any one would want to live throught that... but
            1. its not as bad as the media sais
            2. you got to remeber... i have seen FAR FAR FAR... wors days.... the 15 year civil war... Israili Invatsion... syrian invasion... assasinations... etc etc..
            3. as a general rule.. the lebanese have a joy de vivre... even under the bombing.. youd find people sometimes on balkonies playing cards.. drinking somking a shisha... laughing out loud.. and sometimes... people ignor a cerfew if its place and go out clubing... for us.. life goes on ...

and yeh... the imagry makes it look bad.... but realy... its not as bad as it sounds in the least.. i am sure LLC can add to that...

besides.. in spight of all the BS... lebanon is a nice country... maybe not to live in... but there is so much life here... there are beutifull sights to see.... its a shame we have to have all these conflicts...

Comment

And yet you fail to mention one of Lebanon's highlights - food.
              One of, if not the best country for mediteranean food in the region.
              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

ooooohhhh
                dont get me started on fooood...... lololol... i am trying to lose some 10KG....
                but yeh..... mmmm lebanese foooood.... mmmmmm

Comment

Even though I've never been there I can agree; the Detroit area has some absolutely great Lebanese owned/run Med. restaurants.

Yummy
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                    Even though I've never been there I can agree; the Detroit area has some absolutely great Lebanese owned/run Med. restaurants.

Yummy

Last time I ate lebanese there was a whole lot of uncooked beef.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

They call it kubbeh (or kibbeh); a mix of bulgur, minced meat (usually lamb) and spices.

Kibbeh nayyeh is the raw version.

Love it either way
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 June 2008, 20:25.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post

Last time I ate lebanese there was a whole lot of uncooked beef.
                        didn't the lebanese fit in your pan? Modern cannibals .....
                        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

yeh.. kibeh .. kibih neyeh... also we have several raw meet dishes like liver and things of the sort... most of it is tasty.. but eat with caution.... cause... well it is raw... even if its realy tasty... we also have alot of vegiterian freindly food...

as a mater of fact we share alot of dishes with our isralie neighbours.... houmous... mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon View Post
                            houmous... mmmmmmmm
                            My wife is addicted to that. Bigtime.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                            X