The Swiss Army knife of storage peripherals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Swiss Army knife of storage peripherals

USB + ESATA + 2-PORT HUB + CARD READER This SATA HDD Dock allows you to plug any 2.5 or 3.5 SATA Harddisk to your computer via USB or ESATA port, a powerful tool for data transfer, backup and cloning. It functions as a 2-port USB hub and card reader as well. The device is compatible with both PCs and Macs.

This is very cool. I'm very tempted to buy it to replace my existing external enclosure.

Features:
    Supports both S-ATA 2.5" HDD and 3.5" HDD
    PC connection: USB 2.0 / ESATA
    2-port USB hub
    4-Slot Card Reader
    Support Windows VISTA, XP and Mac OS
    Dimension: 130 x 120 x 68mm (approx.)
    Weight: 475g

Support Card Types:
    SD / SDHC / *Mini SD / *Mini SDHC / *T-Flash Card / *Micro SD
    MMC / MMC-II / RS MMC / MMC Plus / MMC Plus Turbo / MMC Mobile/Mobile-ProC
    Compact Flash / XD
    Memory Stick / Memory Stick MagicGate / Memory Stick Pro / Memory Stick Duo / *Memory Stick Pro Duo / *Memory Stick MagicGate Puo / *Memory Stick MagicGate Duo / *Memory Stick micro (M2)
    (* means Adapter is required)

Package Contents:
    SATA HDD Multi-Function Dock (USB + ESATA)
    Universal AC Adapter
    Power Cable
    USB Cable
    ESATA Cable
    **Hard Disk Drive is not included
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Does it support 2.5" PATA laptop drives?

EDIT: No, just SATA. It's cool.

We had couple of USB2.0->3.5 PATA/2.5 PATA/SATA cable adapters but PATA has died on all of them.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 27 May 2008, 21:35.

Comment

I'm starting to use PATA less and less. At this point I'm trying to 'donate' or get rid of every one I don't need except for one or two as a backup. Heck... I'm even starting to use SATA for my burners.

Love those IDE/SATA->usb adapters though. Saved my butt a lot at my last job.

I've seen variations of that swiss army device but this is the first time I've seen it with the card reader. neat. It would be awesome if you could use a thumbdrive or memory stick through it's esata but I doubt that one.
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

It does have a USB hub built in, but I don't think it goes over eSATA, too.

Comment

No need to have the hard drive adapter and the flash card reader/hub together. What happens if it is connected VIA SATA? Does the user still have to connect via USB for the media reader? How easy is it to hook up a PATA drive to this. Can some sort of adapter be used?

Comment

No adapter will work that I know if since the connetor is buried inside the unit. If you pulled of the shell I'm sure you could...

Comment

Working...
            X