Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finely hit 850mHz with the Eclipse'd Athlon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finely hit 850mHz with the Eclipse'd Athlon!

The last batch of Athlon 500's proved to be real 650's (650 core, 3ns cache, week 36)! I'm seeing consistant results at 800 (some at 1:2 L2 Latency, ie real 800 proformance).

New #'s @ 850 1:3
    2800 mips
    1092 mflops

CPUmark99
    68.4 (1:3) (@800 1:2, 68.2!)

Now that's .4 slower than DUAL CuMine 733's running with PC133 HSDRAM!!! I'm using generic PC100 cas3 SDRAM!

------------------
    Designer of the first Athlon mod. Currently marketing the "Eclipse" mod through AZZO Computers.
    Anyone up for an Eclipse'd Athlon 800? Email me for more information

2626 mips, 1.027 gflops @ 800 mHz 1:3 latency
    CPUmark99 67.6

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

I do hope Paula left over some of the turkey for you, Mike

Congrats though on yet another milestone!!

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Greebe already knows I'm getting one of those
      Eclipse mods. Getting rid of my month old
      K6-III 450 at 500 for an Athlon. Thats the key to getting TurboGL for my Max. Supposed
      to be the same core speed and cache as Greebe's, so I'll let y'all know!

Comment

Congrats, Mike.. and without a kryotech!

------------------
        Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

PC Power and Cooling has ATX ps up to 500 Watts continuous with 1% ripple.
          http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/highperformance/index_hig hperformance.htm

They'll do custom modifications also.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 27 November 1999).]

Comment

I'm with Brian. They're not the quitest power supplies in the world, nor the cheapest, but just take one out of the box, and you can tell you have a monster in your hands.

They appear to be a good company as well. I called up with a question, and they dug up a technician fairly quickly.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I got the Turbo-Cool 350W ATX power supply a couple weeks ago and it's not as loud as the 300W SeaSonic PS that came with my Addtronics case. It also has lowered my case temp around 6-8 degF.

Here's a link to some Voltage Regulation tests from their 425W power supply:
              www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/loadregulation/index_loadreg.htm

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 27 November 1999).]
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I bought a Turbo-Cool 400 Watt/Revision 3 last week, and it is a fair bit louder than the 300 Watt *modified* Sparkle power supply (it's called a FortronSource) in my primary system. It's also louder than the 250 Watt unit it replaced.

It's certainly not deafening, but I know PC Power & Cooling has a "quiet line" of power supplies, their Silencer series. I gather they don't deliver the high performance of the Turbo-Cool line.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

So far as i'm concerned, PC Power and Cooling make the best power supplies and CPU coolers around.

I've had one of there Z1-H's for about a year on a K6-II 300, and it is the coolest running CPU of that kind I have EVER found.

There power supplies are just top stuff. I've had some real problems with crappy -12V supplies not being stiff enough under load and PC Power and Cooling are top notch.

If you have the money (or even if you don't) go out and get one.

robert(living in the UK and getting relatives to ship stuff over here) hodkinson.

P.S. No I don't work for PC PCooling, I just love there stuff.

P.P.S Does anyone know of a UK outlet for there products?
                  --
                  Robert Hodkinson, SF nut, Sound nut and a Render-head.
                  reply email is bag.it@ntlworld.com
                  The only 'wave shape', I want to see, is on the beach.

Comment

I hope I didn't give anyone the impression that I regret purchasing the Turbo-Cool power supply. I am extremely happy with it. It was money well spent (for a change).

Paul
                    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I have a Silencer 275 in my tower and it appears PCP&C spend additional care on heatsinks in the power supply and a give you a quieter fan in the Silencer series. This costs extra, but not much. To me, quiet is good.

------------------
                      Win98SE, 600 PIII @672 MHz (@2.40 V) w/Alpha P3-125 heatsink/fan, ABIT BX6-2 MB, 128 MB Siemens PC100 SDRAM, G400 MAX, Diamond V2 SLI, Diamond MX300 with Senheiser HD-600 headphones, Sennheiser DSP360 Dolby processor, and Shure FP22 headphone amplifier, CL Dxr3 Decoder, Adaptec AHA2940 w/uw SCSI, IBM 9ZX 9.1GB 10K UW SCSI HD, WDE 4360 4.3GB 7.2k UW SCSI HD, Pioneer 303s SCSI DVD, modified Supermicro SC750A case with PCP&C Silencer 275W PS, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Comment

One issue I'm running into is the lack of good power. I'm using a PowerMan FPS300-60GT PWS (300w) and it's not able to keep up with the current demands of the system (&cpu) @ 800 and above. It started chirping (extreme current drain) thus inducing ripple into it once I hit 800 (1:2) and was more pronounce at 850 (1:3).
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have the Turbo-Cool 425 ATX... It's a monster of a power supply, but a lot of my minor glitches seem to have been power related. Now running 100% stable 100% of the time.

It has Full time voltage regulation running on voltages as low as 87VAC. It has OC and OV protection on all lines. It supports the latest ATX revs... The 425ATX has a dual speed FAN that speeds up (increases volume) when the temp goes up. So far I haven't heard it kick up. There's not a lot of empty space in the case, and it's a heavy unit.

I believe it to be the best power supply I've owned. Well worth the $200 I spent for it.
                          Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                          - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                          - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                          - 6.1 Digital Audio
                          - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                          - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                          - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                          - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                          - LS120 IDE Floppy
                          - Zip 100 IDE
                          - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                          - NEC FE950
                          - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Guyver that's the one I've been drooling over!

Comment

Just make sure it's not plugged in while drooling... That could be painful...

Guyv
                              Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                              - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                              - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                              - 6.1 Digital Audio
                              - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                              - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                              - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                              - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                              - LS120 IDE Floppy
                              - Zip 100 IDE
                              - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                              - NEC FE950
                              - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Working...
                              X