Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crystal Skulls: Black & Decker, not Aztec.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Skulls: Black & Decker, not Aztec.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

*Surprise*
    FT.

Yep, this fact has also been known for quite some time.
    But with the new Indy movie, it apparently needs confirmation.

Jorg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Well of course!
      FT.

Comment

It is fun to see how musea changed their attitude.

When the Da Vinci Code was released, musea did nothing special to accomodate a possible flow of tourists. (they didn't anticipate it)
        Now, special exhibits regarding chrystal skulls have been scheduled.

Still the fact that the skulls are fake doesn't matter for the story of the movie: the other Indiana Jones movies used objects that aren't physical (the arch and the grail are still considered lost objects - by believers). I don't even think there was a real historical precedence leading up to The Temple Of Doom.

It just good old Hollywood fun.

Jorg
        pixar

Comment

Hey, the Rolling Boulder is real!

Comment

Actually there's still considerable disagreement on the Crystal Skulls.

(Note: I'm arguing neither one way nor the other!)

The Museum spokespeople cannot or will not elaborate on the "facts" involved. This smacks of lack of evidence. They state that the skulls "almost certainly" originated in a town in Germany, but won't name the town - nor provide proof or even a reason for being "almost certain". Their entire argument, by the way, stems from this.

Additionally, radial tools WERE in use in pre-columbian societies - there are many examples of obsidian, jade, and crystal jewelry which were cut with circular tools, hundreds of years earlier than previously though. And their provenance is not in question.

Additionally, spectral imagery shows that at least one of the skulls was cut from the same crystal as was found in pre-columbian archaeological digs, and THAT crystal is agreed-upon as authentic...

In other words there are gaping holes in the "accepted scientific explanation". They would be well advised to bone up on their argumentation.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

on the other hand, the museum might be utterly correct, the skulls they have in their possession is fakes, they just have no ****ing clue when they was switched but they ain't going to loose face admitting it

They know the skulls originated in a town in Germany since it was there they ordered the replacements
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                Additionally, radial tools WERE in use in pre-columbian societies - there are many examples of obsidian, jade, and crystal jewelry which were cut with circular tools, hundreds of years earlier than previously though. And their provenance is not in question.

AND, of course, the pre-Columbian societies also had the electric furnaces essential for the production of carborundum, didn't they?
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

don't forget the spaceships they had, too!
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                    AND, of course, the pre-Columbian societies also had the electric furnaces essential for the production of carborundum, didn't they?

Actually by and large I suspect they were Naquita-powered.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

The type of chrystal of some skulls can be traced back to German chrystal... Perhaps the musea keep secret on the exact origin to lure more visitors?

But of course, it is not because a museum has a fake skull, that there are no real ones out there...
                      (I'm setting the scene before I sell mine... )
                      j/k

Jorg
                      pixar

Comment

Working...
                      X