X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD for graphic/design

Doesn't have to be huge.
    A 22" 1680x1050 would be idea.

Contrast/brightness not a HUGE deal. Respone time not a big deal at all either.

What is a big deal is black level, back light bleeding, color reproduction, viewing angle.

Something no more than say $350, but if there is something decent enough for $250, that would be ideal.

NOT for gaming, NOT for movies, doesn't even have to be widescreen.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

If you want to use the screen for graphic/design work then I generally recommend staying away from 22" screens. Almost all 22" panels are TN (Twisted Nematic) and do NOT give good color reproduction and or viewing angles. Their response times are often very good though...

22's are such 'good deals' because TN is cheap to make. You'll be MUCH happier with a good 20" or 24". My suggestions are Samsung or Dell. Both are well priced (especially if you hit a dell deals event) and very good quality.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

again.. response time is something you care about for movies and gaming.. .thus the benefit of a TN panel could be argued. If you are doing graphics then yeah get something other than a monitor with a TN panel.

Samsung 20" = $270

Samsung 24" = $440 (outside your price range)

No matter what monitor you buy PLEASE make sure it has DVI input. Especially when the monitor is this size, if you are limited to just a VGA connection the quality is nowhere near as good. The difference is as striking as going from composite->svideo->component.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Whaddya think about this guy?

SAMSUNG 943T Black 19" $299
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Seems like a winner to me. related review It's 940T cousin won this roundup and the specs are pretty much identical. I doubt you'd be unhappy with it.

Comment

Thats a nice roundup you found there - and recent too

It'll be for my Dad for father's day if I/we do get it (I'm not spending THAT much on him myself! )

I'll try and make it out somewhere today and actually have a look at these if I can find em...

Comment

Lenovo L220X, 22", 1900x1200, PVA, 350 euros.

Comment

I just got one of these http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx...0000&InMerch=1 to site next to my Dell 2407 and I can barely tell the difference in picture quality. Its 1920*1200, PVA panel and branded DGM. Has DVI and VGA inputs and that's about it, but the image is fantastic. For £200 I couldn't resist.
                FT.

Comment

So is this 2043BW (same as 2043BWX I believe) a non-TN panel?

$245 CAD

Comment

It would appear so

Damn.. when did Samsung start using TN so much.. heck when did everyone? This is another reason I've been happy with my Dell's (I have a 2005fpw and a 2007wfp)

Comment

Well the "LCD for Father's Day" thing is kinda messed up. He randomly brought up (today) that he wants to get an LCD soon. Well, so now maybe he will pay some + some Father's Day money...

Now with less of a budget constraint - is the Lenovo 220X the way to go? $500 CAD.

Comment

Here's a mini review. I tested for an afternoon, angles are good, picture, brightness, colour is good. I didn't test any games, video is good. It's on my wishlist, two of them actually. Price is good.

Comment

I got this BenQ G2400WD 24"couple of months ago & love it.

The deal breaker were HDMI/ DVI/ D-sub inputs allowing me to hook up both of my old and brand new build PC along with my HD Camcorder, all at the same time.

Didn’t know what to expect from the picture, but after it came in I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of it. It has what they call “Senseye+Photo Technology”.

BenQs exclusive Senseye technology gives you preset modesStandard, Dynamic, Movie, Photothat provide instant optimized settings for different usage scenarios. Senseye+Photo is an enhanced version that adds support for the industry-standard sRGB color space, allowing you to obtain consistent results when you view and manipulate images on a G Series monitor and on other sRGB-compliant devices.
                          I did calibrate the color space with Colorvision Spider 2, it always helps.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Working...
                          X