Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k ACPI drivers needed....

Hi!

I installed Win2k RC3 on my rig a few days ago and to my horror it did not detect ACPI support by default on my Abit BH6. (It's not on the GOOD MS bios list). So I reinstalled it after changing a value in a bootdisk ini file to force ACPI installation.

After the install completed, I tried to enter suspend and hibernation modes and my computer just froze forcing a reboot. I looked in the event log (what a lovely piece of software!!!) and saw that it was the driver of my cheasy SCSI PCI board that runs my CDROM and CDR setup, which was unable to go into sleep mode.

It's an ACARD 6710S controller. I have tried DL'ing their newest driver. The problem persisted.

Does anyone know if there's another driver available somewhere? Maybe one of the drivers used on other Ultra SCSI-2 boards? Adaptec, Tekram????

If I remove the controller, my system is able to go into hibernation mode. AND IT'S DAMN FAST!!!! It's really a nice feature, I would love to be able to use. When powering the system back on from a hibernation it's at least twice as fast as a normal boot. And all my programs are right where I left them, open and working!!!

For any advice I will be thankful,

Jake

------------------
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    MGA-G200 8Mb Mill. bios ver. 2.3, Abit BH6 mobo bios ver. LN, PIII-450@558, 128Mb PC-133 SDRAM, 17" Hitachi monitor, Plextor 40TS CDROM, Panasonic 7502 CDR. Diamond MX300 A3D PCI soundcard.
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB
Working...
X