Pleasant Teenagers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasant Teenagers

One of the things I have noticed in recent years is the increased tendacy of some of the younger elements to go walking.
    One thing in common is they all tend to be pleasant and polite. Like the group of young girls I met today on my walk.
    Worryingly they still all have the same trait and that they all lack fitness. Considering I've got one very dodgy knee now and another which isn't so happy. (Pissed off at carrying it's mate a reckon) I shouldn't leave them for dead over tricky ground.
    I reckon after a mile and a half I had a half hour lead on them. As I finished my walk I was approached by a concerned man. You haven't seen a bunch girls have you???
    I answered yes they're on the way. I didn't mention how far behind they were.
    Cruel aren't I.
    But it's pleasant to meet friendly teenagers rather than the foul mouth yobs swearing at you when you walk past the beer off.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I've seen similar things. Must be the inevitable counter-reaction to the grungers who have for some time been the youth "establishment".
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

There are always nice teenagers out there. The problem is that you usually just NOTICE the bad ones.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Spot-on Mehen!

And I had to double-check who the op was
        FT.

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT View Post
          group of young girls
          They were too busy chatting?

But yes...

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Well there are nice and unpleasant people in all age groups. Being old doesn't make you a smart or a nice person automatically.

Comment

no, but we learn to be grumpy with style.
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

They don't liken me to Victor Meldrew for nothing! Anyone see the BBC series Grumpy Old Men where celebrities of a certain age expressed their opinions about everything and nothing?
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

The question is how do you get the not so pleasant ones away from street corners and off licenses and actually doing something positive rather than negative.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT View Post
                    The question is how do you get the not so pleasant ones away from street corners and off licenses and actually doing something positive rather than negative.
                    I thought that was easy: you go up to them and politely suggest to them that they may care to enjoy being model citizens. If that doesn't work, how about collecting together a scrum full of rugby forwards, mix the sports by equipping them with baseball bats and going up to them in corpore and repeat the suggestion -- maybe the medical staff at the hospital where you are being treated have a rugby team???
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                      I thought that was easy: you go up to them and politely suggest to them that they may care to enjoy being model citizens. If that doesn't work, how about collecting together a scrum full of rugby forwards, mix the sports by equipping them with baseball bats and going up to them in corpore and repeat the suggestion -- maybe the medical staff at the hospital where you are being treated have a rugby team???
                      Problem with asking them you'd probably get stabbed or beaten to a pulp.

So getting the rugby squad round would end you in jail for infringing their human rights and taking the law into your own hands.

Drive by shooting possibly best bet.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                      X