Power Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Bars

We might be ordering in a dozen or more power bars, what are the good brands/models?
    APC? Belkin? CyberPower?
    Requirements:
    -good surge protection
    -only really need 4 or 5 outlets
    -rugged, and able to deal with decently high temperatures, it is usually between 25-30C or higher around the presses
    -doesn't need RJ11/45 or coax protection

I've been looking at some specs, and most of em look good, but I don't really know what the trusted brands are in the power world.

For a lot of the stations, all that will be plugged in will be (1) Laser Printer (big power hogs), (2) either of Computer (P4's mostly) or a WYSE Terminal, and (3) a LCD or CRT.
    Last edited by Mehen; 8 May 2008, 14:43.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

APC is what I typically use. I'm a big fan of UPSs, so I would recommend looking into a powerbar/UPS combo. TrippLite makes good stuff too, if APC is a bit rich for your blood.

APC, a flagship brand of Schneider Electric, provides clean battery back-up power, surge protection, and IT physical infrastructure inside and outside the traditional IT environment to deliver ‘Certainty in a Connected World’

This is what I have (though black): http://apcc.com/resource/include/tec...otal_watts=200

Eaton provides products and expert advice to help its customers safely power and connect their computers and electronics.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Not sure if someone who has been at the company for 3 weeks is going to be able to convince them they need to spend that kinda dough.

I will try to steer them towards APC though.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

keep an eye out for dells days of deals, they typically have their APC 1500VA UPS on for ~$200, which is an awsome deal.. you can power several computers with one of those.
        avoid belkin brand UPS's.. we have had 3 die here at work, with no user replacable batteries. Even changing the batteries, they all suffered from shutting down as soon as they kick on to battery power, rendering them useless as UPSs
        I use APC exclusively too on the rest of my stuff
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Working...
        X