What is a Matrox MGI G4+MDHA16G??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Matrox MGI G4+MDHA16G??

I have just aquired on of these and looking at the Matrox site I can't see it .

Is this the Matrox Rainbow Runner G-series or Matrox Marvel G400-TV or Matrox Millennium G400 / Matrox Millennium G400 MAX as shown on the Matrox driver download site. This card is to go into an old Win2K PC..

The pix on this site looks the same as the card I have

Thanx in advance..
    paulw

G4+MDHA16G

G4+ = G400
    M=Millenium
    DH=Dual Head
    A=AGP
    16G=16 meg SGRAM

Should work fine with Win2k
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Why duplicate? http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?p=651183

BTW, works perfectly also with WinXP/Win2k3 and virtually every Linux distro out of the box (though I have singl head version...and from what I remember some binary blob form Matrox was necessary to enbale second output...is this still the case?)
      But Vista doesn't ship with a driver for it (is there one on Matrox site? )

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
        Why duplicate? http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?p=651183

BTW, works perfectly also with WinXP/Win2k3 and virtually every Linux distro out of the box (though I have singl head version...and from what I remember some binary blob form Matrox was necessary to enbale second output...is this still the case?)
        But Vista doesn't ship with a driver for it (is there one on Matrox site? )

Sorry for the dup thread. I first posted it on the video forum as that's where I normally go, then I remembered that there was a Matrox hardware section as well but i couldn't see how to delete the video forum post.. I figured the Matrox harware area would be better..
        Last edited by paulw; 7 May 2008, 19:19.
        paulw

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
          G4+MDHA16G

G4+ = G400
          M=Millenium
          DH=Dual Head
          A=AGP
          16G=16 meg SGRAM

Should work fine with Win2k

Thanx for that. I'll download the correct drivers..
          paulw

Comment

Well, really no reason to apologise, probably it's just me with my habit of exclusively using "show new threads" instead of browsing every individual subforum

(BTW, if you want to delete the thread you started, simply do like you'd want to delete message (under "edit") - if that message is the first one, whole thread will be deleted)

Comment

Grrr.. Installed the card and the PC won't boot. The AGP_Warn LED was on indicating that the card was a AGP 3.3Volt rather than the +1.5V card that it needs. I also have a Matrox G450 16MB dual head (2xvga) AGP 4x on order as well so I just hope that it is +1.5V. Anyone say for sure otherwise it will be a new AGP or PCI card but unfortunatly not from the Matrox stable as the cost too much in this part of the world new
              paulw

Comment

AFAIK all G450s are 1,5V

Comment

Originally posted by paulw View Post
                  Grrr.. Installed the card and the PC won't boot. The AGP_Warn LED was on indicating that the card was a AGP 3.3Volt rather than the +1.5V card that it needs. I also have a Matrox G450 16MB dual head (2xvga) AGP 4x on order as well so I just hope that it is +1.5V. Anyone say for sure otherwise it will be a new AGP or PCI card but unfortunatly not from the Matrox stable as the cost too much in this part of the world new
                  The G400 can handle 1.5v just fine. You probably have to modify something on the G400 PCB to get the motherboard to correctly identify it as 1.5v capable. See here (you can ignore the discussion about who's fault it is that the G400 is not correctly identified as 1.5v capable, and go to the information you need directly).

Comment

Thanx everyone for you help. The G450 is installed and works well.

You may ask why stick with an old Matrox card when you can buy lots of geewizz cards these day.

The reason is that at home and at work I've had a great run out of Matrox cards. These card seem super reliable compared to the cheaper brands. The only one to fail was a Mystique that was about 8 years old and had been thru 3 PCs.

Just a pity that new Matrox cards are so expensive down here.

i.e http://www.pricespy.co.nz/search.php?q=matrox

My prelove G450 cost me $50 and the only reason it was being sold was the the previouse owner had upgrade to a later Matrox card..
                    paulw

Comment

$50 now? Quite expensive indeed...there are tons of G450s here for ~5€...

Comment

especially if you consider that it's not needed, as the G400 will work too (and is better in many regards than the G450)
                        Last edited by dZeus; 9 May 2008, 01:23.

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus View Post
                          especially if you consider that it's not needed, as the G400 will work too (and is better in many regards than the G450)
                          I got one (G400) yesterday for $7 but it was 3.3V and the Asus Mobo refused to boot. Will only work with a 1.5V AGP cards hence the G450. If you looked at the link above you will see that new G450s here in New Zealand cost about $150 and up.
                          paulw

Comment

as I posted above, the G400 will handle 1.5v just fine. The money spend on the G450 is wasted

Comment

Not the G400 I'v got. Most likley needs a mod as one of the other threads suggested..
                              paulw

Comment

Working...
                              X