New Power Supply???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Power Supply???????

Well I'm currenty running a BH6 with a P3-450@558 with no problems. My question is that I have a 40x CD-ROM, a 5x DVD drive, and a 2x Cd burner in the system with various other stuff (see my sig). My current PS is rated at 250 watts but is that enough to push everything? I don't have any problems now, want to head off anything that might come up.

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a P3-450@558,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM, 2x CDR, WD 13.6 GB HD,SupraMax 56k modem

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

well, it doesn't look like it to me. if you end up using a peltier and/or a ton of fans, you'll end up looking at a 300. but i used a 250 with similar specs, plus a peltier and 8 fans with no problems. i just upgraded towers and the new one came with a 300 watt PS. so no, you'll do fine. drives draw less than 1 amp for the 12V and the 5V (total of up to 2 amps, 1 per voltage), so you're fine.

------------------
    -Campbell "aNtHrAx323" Krueger
    anthrax32@yahoo.com

System specs:
    AMD K6-III 400 at 112x4.0 at 2.3V
    Asus P5A
    96 MB SD-RAM (the old 66 MHz... stable enough tho =)
    Matrox G400 AGP 32MB Dual-Head
    Diamond Sonic Impact S90 PCI
    Linksys LNE100TX WOL PCI Ethernet adapter
    Processor is a peltier/Alpha cooling combo, avg. temp is around 85 F.

http://anthrax.home.texas.net
    -Campbell "aNtHrAx323" Krueger
    anthrax32@yahoo.com

System specs:
    Dual Celeron 400s (week 52 i think) @ 588 @ 2.05v (air-cooled, no peltiers)
    Abit BP6 (w/ QQ BIOS and HPT366 1.22 BIOS)
    128 MB of PC133 SD-RAM (Athlon-grade)
    Matrox G400 AGP 32MB Dual-Head
    Diamond Monster Sound MX300
    3Com 3C905C PCI w/ WOL
    Western Digital Expert 20.5 GB ATA/66 7200 RPM drive

the aXion gaming network

Comment

I was tempted to say, I think you're pushing it, and a new power supply wouldn't hurt. But I kept coming back to that phrase in your first sentence, "with no problems."

There's something to be said about maintaining the status quo when the status quo is working for you. A couple more PCI cards, however, and you may want to consider moving up to 300 watts. But for now, I'd leave well enough alone.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
      X