New house update....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New house update....

Our offer went in today, so we should know soon...perhaps tomorrow or Monday. If it's a go we move as soon as we can sign the final papers & get loaded into the truck. Cash transaction

Better outside pix than last time;

All floors 3/4" oak. 9' ceilings. Full basement laid out with HUGE open spaces. <1/4 mile from the wifes school.

BIG plus: fiber is available

Front. Dining room to the left, living room to the right...both huge...formal entry center. 3 BR's & 2 large baths up, 1/2 bath down.

Quarter front. Small window on ground floor is over kitchen sink. Breakfast bar, built-in's; dishwasher, MW etc. NOTE: the living room runs the full depth of the main section so we need more furniture

Side. HUGE garage - 2.5 car extra deep w/18 foot door - & side informal entry into a very large reception room. Ugly vent will get a nice, thick shrub in front of it

Rear. Heated garage and more than enough room for a nice wood shop

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 May 2008, 01:41.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Wow! Looks awesome Doc, hope you get it
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Project # 1: Needs a loft over the garage.

Kevin

Comment

Project #1: set up the wood shop and wall storage for tools etc. so I can build that furniture we need.

Project #2: install the engine hoist in the garage and a pull-down ladder & a 3/4" plywood floor over the rafters so I can store wood.

Project #3: install a home theater in the basement. Erik wants it to look like the bridge of NCC-1701 D
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Project #3: install a home theater in the basement. Erik wants it to look like the bridge of NCC-1701 D
          Awwwww, you're no fun at all...
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

HAHAHAHA you certainly raised a geek son. Be proud

All said that looks awesome and I'm jealous of your future wood shop. Do you have a decent amount of space from your nearest neighbor? With a heated garage you'd hope its insulated and you get the added benefit of sound dampening. I'm sure the wife would appreciate that as well.
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

The garage is insulated very well: 6" studs, batting etc. and the neighbors house is far enough away from the garage not to be a problem. Margie's used to it, but with the huge side reception room between the house proper and the garage not much sound will migrate into the living space.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Cool house

What is the back garden/yard like?

Comment

Plain grass now but it won't stay that way.

A small veggie garden would be in order for sure.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                    Plain grass now but it won't stay that way.

A small veggie garden would be in order for sure.
                    guess that means hot hot peppers
                    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

You guess right, plus beans, tomatoes, pea pods, squash etc.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                      X