Rock climber in training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock climber in training

Erik had his first encounter with an 8 meter climbing wall, and he made it all the way up

Needless to say Margie is more than a bit anxious that this will stimulate him to take up my old bad habits

Unfortunately the cams battery died just short of his getting to the top, but here's what we have;

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 April 2008, 23:01.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Cool!

When I took up diving (after having taken flying lessons), my fathers' response was: "Why can't you do anything normal...? What's next?" Sounds like Margie has similar feelings...
    But congrats to Eric!
    (I have only rock-climbed (climbed rock?) once, and it was great fun)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Erik actually climbed it 3 times, and it turns out a friend caught a pic of him on the second climb (note his shoes are on) closer to the top than I did. Here it is;

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 April 2008, 15:05.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

@VJ: duh, why we, non-normal people, should do normal things?

I gotta definatelly get into climbing...so far only one 20m (but placed on side of a hill, so it felt quite a bit higher ) natural rock. Quite easy of course (still: 2m of it were around 120 degrees and in one place you just had to "throw yourself up" :> ), but still hell of a fun

Comment

Most of my own climbing was done at the Porcupine Mountains near Ontonagon in Michigan's upper penninsula. The highest peak there is Summit Peak at 1,958 ft (595 m), but my climbing was limited to the lower portions of an 8 mile long "cliff" (max ele: 1,600 ft) called "The Escarpment". Of course that was in my young/skinny days which are long gone

Escarpment pics;

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 May 2008, 23:32.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X