An idea for HD distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea for HD distribution

I don't know if this is technically feasible but wouldn't it be nice if we had a simple program that could author recordable DVD discs, single and dual layer, to be played in HD-DVD and/or Blu-Ray players? Most consumer home projects are small enough when compressed with H.264 to fit even on a single layer DVD. This authoring program could be a basic Blu-Ray/HD-DVD authoring program, just the necessary features to get the content to be read and played on the HD players.
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus;

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

Q: I don’t have an HD DVD burner yet. Can I create HD content on a disc?

A: This is just one of the really cool things you can do in DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus. Capture your HD footage, select HD DVD in preferences, and author an HD DVD project. In the final burning step, all you need to do is insert a standard DVD, and DVD MovieFactory will burn a “DVD 3X” disc that can play about 20 minutes of HD video on an HD DVD player like the Toshiba HD-A1 or the XBox 360 add-on player. It will also play full-res HD on your PC with suitable player software.
    And VideoStudio 11.5 Plus supports both HD DVD and BR authoring, which is an indication that DVD MovieFactory 7 will as well, but I'd bet you'd have to transcode the 720x480/576 DVD content to 720p on BR.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 April 2008, 21:59.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Oh that is cool. Figures Ulead, or ah Corel would be on this. They have always led the charge with MPEG-2 and now AVCHD I suppose.

Jeez you have to wonder how hard it would be to modify the guts of DVDWS2 to do it in that application. Hey Doc, we could get the old WS2 beta team together. [weak reference to the Blues Brothers getting the "band back together"]
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Is a standard AVCHD disc waht you mean? This is available in many softwares including Nero. It burns video encoded in AVCHD format on a DVD that is playable on any Bluray player.
        Apulo

Comment

That too....
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X