Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use awstats?

I'm setting this up and have a couple of questions:

1) I've got a couple of years of daily IIS logs. awstats doesn't do more than one file at a time. Any suggestions for merging/scripting this?

2) I need to set up a daily job to update the stats. I've never done 'cron jobs' before. Clues welcome I know I can configure awstats to calc the filename based on the date.

Thanks,

T.
    FT.

Are you using AWStats to display the stats in real time or to generate static HTML pages on a set schedule?
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I think the way it works is you process whatever log files you have and these are added to its database, thus allowing you to analyse per-whatever time unit. You can update it each time a new log file is created with a cron job so the html pages always appear up to date.

However, I solved my immediate problem (needed to know average monthly visitors) with the free version of Quest's Funnel Web Analyzer, which was really easy to use (provided your log files don't extend over a year).

I would still like to get awstat going properly so we can start looking at the stats more frequently.
      FT.

Comment

The way we have it on our webserver is a line for each site we require stats for in the Cron file like :-

01 01 * * * root /etc/awstats/awstats-somesite >/etc/awstats/awstats-somesite.log

The awstats-somesite file contains :-

/usr/share/awstats/tools/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -awstatsprog=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl -update -config=www.somesite.com -dir=/var/www/virtual/somesite.com/htdocs/awstats

Which produces an awstats directory in the sites root with the stats pages in.

This is on a Debian box with Apache so it would be setup a bit different on Windows/IIS.
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
        X