No announcement yet.

History made at the Indy Japan 300....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History made at the Indy Japan 300....

....as Danaica Patrick became the first woman to ever win an Indy car race, taking the lead from Helio Castroneves on 198th lap in the 200-lap race and finishing 5.8594 seconds ahead of him. She drives for the Andretti Green team.

Pole-sitter Castroneves looked to be heading for victory, only for Patrick to catch and pass him. Castroneves held on for second, ahead of Scott Dixon who had held the lead going into the final 20 laps. Dan Wheldon and Tony Kanaan completed the top five.

Two-Thumbs UP for her
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 April 2008, 00:40.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I had no idea that was her first win. With so much in the public eye i thought she had accomplished that already. weirdddd
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

She has placed high in qualifying and races and won Rookie of the Year, but she was 3rd driver on a team, which means you provide cover for #'s 1 & 2...blocking other drivers, "strategic driving" etc. This continued until she got under the wing of Andretti's team where she might even be allowed to win once in a while.

Yes, teams drive as a team and the existing "name drivers" expect someone new like Patrick to sacrifice their winning for the top dogs success.

She also had a problem with her cars breaking, somewhat due to her aggressive driving but also due to the #3 often getting the #3 cars - older, less tuned etc. Put her in a competitive car and she'll blow your doors off.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 April 2008, 03:00.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X