WTF is going on with South Park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is going on with South Park?

The 12th season is seriously %^#ed up. Episodes 1-5 are available already. Don't get me wrong, its still good - but its almost more disturbing than it is funny now.
    Last edited by Mehen; 14 April 2008, 22:00.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

i think i felt that way three years in.. when i stopped watching it
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Ditto.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Specifics?

Kevin

Comment

Not a whole lot of jokes, just really messed up premises - VERY political, the allusions are pretty obvious, and they don't hold back. Still worth watching, and even worth taking to heart.
          They tackle such things as: AIDS, Patriots cheating, Britney Spears/Papparatzi, Drugs (sniffing cat pee...)...
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE] View Post
            i think i felt that way three years in.. when i stopped watching it
            IMO the show got a lot better after the first couple seasons.

Comment

I don't really watch comedy shows to see peoples views on politics etc., I watch to laugh. I kinda felt the same way at the comedy show Ellen, i used to think it was hilarious until every episode had to tackle big issues of the times.
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

IMO Southpark just got to gory and disgusting. It just got to the point where i was cringing more when watching than actually laughing.
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

It's always been gory and disgusting, to some degree. Yeah, the Britney Spears episode was pretty creepy. I'm just glad they dropped the whole "They've killed Kenny" gag when they did. It was getting a little old. They still kill him every once in a while, but now it's only when necessary.

(Boy, re-reading that last sentence sounded weird.)

Thought the episode about Mr. Garrison's penis was pretty amusing. Hell On Earth 2006 made me laugh my ass off. Return of the Lord of the Rings to the Two Towers, though several years old already, is definitely a high point in the series.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE] View Post
                    IMO Southpark just got to gory and disgusting. It just got to the point where i was cringing more when watching than actually laughing.

It turned that way after the South Park Movie. Every season after that has gotten worse with the gore/grossout and less with the funny.
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                    X