Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building issues on windows...

Hello,

Just a long shot, but does any of you guys have experience in building ATLAS for Windows?

I have no problems building it, but at link time (with our own software) I get several errormessages regarding
    Code:
    LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __invoke_watson already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll)
    I can solve this by modifying the our makefiles to include " /NODEFAULTLIB:LIBCMT ", but we would rather not use this option.

Is it something wrong with the build of ATLAS? It was build with the MS VC compiler for the C interface APIs, and using the /MD flag to avoid using LIBCMT...

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I can help, Just wait a week and I'l have time to explain it all.

J/K!!! I Have no clue what you're on about!
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Well, for those interested...

combining atlas/clapack in windows:
      It is possible using the ar -command (as explained here in 3.1.3) in cygwin (on the lib files) to combine the libraries in Windows.

overcoming the link error:
      In our application, I then used the /NODEFAULTLIB:libcmt option...

Jörg
      Last edited by VJ; 11 April 2008, 08:07.
      pixar

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
        J/K!!! I Have no clue what you're on about!
        LAPACK = Linear Algebra Package (in Fortran)
        CLAPACK = C interface to Lapack
        BLAS = Basic Linear Algebra Subprograms
        CBlas = C interface to Blas
        ATLAS = Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software

Atlas improves the performance of a subset of methods (calculations) contained in Lapack (and IIRC in Blas). Ideally, one would like to have a library that supports ALL the methods from Lapack, but with the performance gain of Atlas.

Problem is doing this in Windows... But one can manually tinker with .lib files...
        This solves the question regarding how to make an windows lapack library with atlas subsystem.

The problem of linkage is now circumvented, but I don't like this solution...

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Working...
        X