Abit BE6 owners...HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit BE6 owners...HELP!!!!

I just bought a PIII 500 to replace my celery 300a@450.... So I decided Id run the PIII for a few days at the normal 500mhz and that (of course) works fine. So now I decided that I would overclock the PIII 500 to 560 so I go in change the CPU Softmenu and it posts fine and says 560mhz...then I get a message saying that "cpu settings are unworkable or have been change- check softmenu" ...then at the bottom of the screen it says hit F1 to proceed or del to go setup....So I said wtf and hit F1. The boots up great no problems at all run perfect. ran 3dmark2000 as a test to see if it would lock up...worked great. sooo anyways I shut it down and reboot my computer to see if it would go again... and I get that same message about "cpu settings?"
    Now is the CMOS not saving my settings for is there a way to disable this message somehow becuase then when I go back into the cpu softmenu it is set back to default of the board (233). I set it about 4x times and it boots fine the first time but it seems that my MB wont save it or something. I know I dont have the cmos jumper set wrong...And yes I do hit Save and Close to exit the setup util...Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advanced...

------------------
    PIII 500 , G400 32mb SH, 52x cd, Mx300, 128mb ram, Abit be6, 9gb 7200 ata66 quantum KA, Flux capacitor (which is what makes time travel possible)
    PIII 500 , G400 32mb SH, 52x cd, Mx300, 128mb ram, Abit be6, 9gb 7200 ata66 quantum KA, Flux capacitor (which is what makes time travel possible)

In soft menu -cpu section ,disable "speed hold error report" or something like that or it stopps and resets to 233 every time.

Matt
    Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

Thanks man I cant believe I forgot about that
      of course I had to do that for celeron so I dont know what I was thinking. Its working great now....

CynicalFK is my home username this is my work name is case I confused you..Thanks again.

------------------
      Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts
      Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

Comment

Working...
      X