RIP, Chuck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Chuck...

Reports are starting to come in that Charlton Heston has passed away after a long battle with Alzheimer's.

Story
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Rip
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Yes, the A.P. has it now. *sniff*
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Another of he great ones has gone

John Wayne, Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Gary Cooper, E. G. Robinson, Burt Lancaster, Jimmy Stewart, Jimmy Cagney etc. etc. had so much more "it", whatever "it" is, than any male star in todays cinema.

Being pretty wasn't all there was to the appeal even for the handsome ones. Might just be they were men with solid brass cahones in real life as well as on the screen. IMO the closest ones today are Bruce Willis, Kevin Spacey and Brad Pitt, though Willis has a more limited acting range than his predecessors. Spacey & Pitt have range galore.
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 April 2008, 10:19.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

A little before my time, but still sad, RIP.
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
          X