Need to buy...powercolor 1950 Pro with 512MB ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to buy...powercolor 1950 Pro with 512MB ram

I can't seem to find this card in any computer store, I need it because it has the best PCI-X/PCI-e to GPU processing bandwidth of all the cards today.

This is what i mean.. The AXIO LE editing card depends on the videocard's GPU for processing/rendering 3D DVE's, the AXIO sends the data to the video card (it's called input) and the video card's GPU processes then sends the rendered data back to the AXIO (this is called output) now on my HP workstations, the ATI X1800 was great, Input would be in the 1500 range and output in the 1300 range average, however I purchased an ATI XT1900XTX and the output is crippled in this combination, my input reads 2400 (which is awesome) however the output only reads 600, this mean my AXIO is sending tons of data to the GPU, but the return path is extremely limited from a bandwidth perspective, I can only apply one DVE before the GPU chokes due to a crippled path. ATI design flaw by the way.

The powercolor 1950 Pro, apperantly does not have this issue with the HP workstations and is the best and most recommended card for this type of setup. Problem is, I can't find it anywhere as it is now old.

Any suggestions?

here is a link to Matrox suggested GPU's

Thanks,
    Elie

ebay?
    would a HD2900XT work?.. I have a spare one
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

is this the card?

it's in stock at one of my distributors. $185 + tax.

You can have it tomorrow.

let me know if you're interested.

(the best price I've found for it online is $190 at NCIX and they don't have stock. let me know if you happen to find it for cheaper. if so, i can usually bully my distributor to lower the price.)

btw, my distributor has 60 in stock. so feel free to pass on my contact info to any of your friends who may also be interested.
      Last edited by schmosef; 31 March 2008, 20:25.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Schmosef, I will let you know by end of day Tuesday, thanks!!

Cheers,
        Elie
        Last edited by Elie; 1 April 2008, 09:21.

Comment

Working...
        X