O miserere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O miserere!

Just before Christmas, went to the dentists with a tiny abscess centred between a canine annd a premolar (both teeth crowned). He lanced it and prescribed antibiotics but decided to have a panoramic X-ray done, as he was not sure with an ordinary one of the cause. When I went back, he confirmed that there appeared to be a crack in the root. The treatment calmed it down but he said it was likely to flare up again sooner or later and that I would have to go to a maxillary surgeon for an extraction, as the broken part was within the bone and dentists did not have the means to do this.

It flared up about 12 days ago and I went to the maxillary surgeon. He did not want to extract immediately because of the risk of infection from the abscess, so I was on an 8 day course of antibiotics, finishing Friday night. This eased the pain. On Saturday evening, I lost the canine crown and the pain came back with a vengeance. Today, I went to the surgeon again and he told me the glad tidings that it was the premolar that had the cracked root. Extraction there and then: 50 minutes of digging down to bone level. So now I have TWO adjacent gaps, painkillers, another load of antibiotics and a bucketful of pain

O miserere!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Holy ****

Hope you get better soon...
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
      ...So now I have ... painkillers ... and a bucketful of pain ...
      Yikes!
      Get well soon.
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Wow, I felt your pain not a your ago when my moler also cracked years after a root canal was done, the only way to eleviate the pain was to remove it.
        I have two more teeth but this time I made sure I crowned them!!

One thing though, when the dentist pulled my back moler, I only felt opain for a few hours and it was gone shortly after.
        Tons of gause and pressure in the area, and no hot foods or liquids, oh and lots of beer.

Get well soon Brian!

Regards,
        Elie

Comment

i feel for ya.

Had an impacted triple hook root wisdom (NOT!) tooth that i had to get out when i was 48. Took 3 hrs surgery and 8 days of "i don't care" pain meds. Nothing worse than bone pain.

Here's to a quick recovery !

Comment

Toothaches can present come of the most exquisite pain to the poor soul suffering from it.

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Brian.
            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

O man, I truly do feel your pain.

At age 20 I had two horizontal molars growing out of the angles of my lower jaw, impacting their neighbors sideways. I can't even begin to describe the pain other than it hurt worse than falling down stairs and breaking my little toe on the door jam at the bottom OR breaking my right radius in a football game (I continued playing after a splint was applied).

A long surgery later they put me on a combo of phenobarbital and codeine, which put me out for about a day and a half....a good thing gaging from how I felt when I woke up
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X