new athlon and board irq problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new athlon and board irq problem

i just built my first athlon-WOW-sure is quick,anyways how or where do i find irq
    miniport drivers for this microstar 6167 drivers?
    thanks.

------------------
    IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!
    IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!

I got all the drivers on the brightly coloured CD that came with the MSI6167.

You will find latest versions on AMD's www-site, in the support section. Bot the
    south and north bridges are AMD made. (Meaning you should use AMD drivers for both AGP and bus master IDE).

M.

------------------
    Athlon500/MSI6167/64M(!)/10GIBM/6GSamsung/1GSCSI IBM/AHA2940/CL2xDVD/FastMM2+MJPEG/HPPSScanner/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/ZIP100SCSI/Mitsumi2xCD-R/Samsung17GL/MX300/AKA Electric Classic
    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

as far as i know there are no mini port drivers so irq searing is disabled. heres to hopeing im wrong but i got all my system bugs worked out and this thing rocks .

------------------
      my system has arived. all together and if i new about the usb bug in 98 with this board i would have been fiished a lot sooner.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650.(not overclocked its a real 650 they underclcoked.) 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic and 56k ext modem, xitel p storm sound card. lots of controlers joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel, and 19in monitor, usb logitech mouse.

i found the fix for the mouse hang problem.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Off to General Hardware with this one
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

There are miniport drivers for the for the AGP, and drivers for the IDE interface. Neither have anything to do with sharing. This is a feature all SlotA mb's lack at this time. Best suggestion is to move them (PCI cards) around. I had a dilly of a time finding what would work in several systems. So swap, swap, swap

------------------
          Designer of the first Athlon mod. Currently marketing the "Eclipse" through AZZO Computers.
          Anyone up for an Eclipse'd Athlon 850? Email me for more information

2800 mips, 1.092 gflops @ 800 mHz 1:3 latency
          CPUmark99 70.7
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

merchant2112-where do i find the usb fix?
            and thanks for all the replys.MAN,,,THIS THING JUST FLYS!!!!!

------------------
            IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!
            IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!

Comment

WWW.amdzone.com down a bit on the page, new MSI 6167 Bios. Says it fixes a USB keyboard problem.

Lurk and Learn....Post and Prosper!

Comment

Installed one of those babies today. First Athlon, first G400 (Marvel). A pity it isn't mine. Of to get the latest bois, miniport driver etc. Man a 600 Athlon ROXXX. Fastest machine I've worked on so far, easily. Haven't crashed it yet. The techdemo doesn't run though. PCIlist says AGP1X. Descent 3 runs beautifully as does NFSHS. I tried to install Corel Linux but it seems that the X server wasn't setup properly. Oh well the real install starts on Monday anyway. Oh and 3DMark99Max at 800x600x16 was 5239 and 10000+ CPUMark. Will post benchmarks when I finished setting it up properly. Damn, I did not want to reopen the machine (INWIN Q500 cover can be tricky to put back on, have to put top and sides on at the same time), G400 at IRQ 5, I want it at 10 or higher.

Cheers
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Denty,
                  I think Corel Linux has XFree 3.3.3 by default. You need the 3.3.5 release for G400 support. Good luck!

-Wombat
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Denty

>> The techdemo doesn't run though

Nor did mine, installing the AGP miniport driver for my K7M mothrboard did the trick though.

Hope this helps.

Comment

i dont think that new bios is for the mouse problem. but if it is great (i havent had the nuts to undo the work around as i hate seeing my system crash.)if not heres how to get around the problem of your system locking up when trying to load windows whem useing a usb mouse. (msi6167 only) if you do not have a mouse pluged into the ps 2 mouse port windows will fail to load. 3 ways to fix this now.

1 beg ms for the patch they claim they have but will release in the next service pack.

2 keep a mouse jacked into the ps2 mouse port (in addition to the usb one.)

3 turn off pnp os support and manuley change irq12 to isa. (turning off ps2 port.)

any one of the above will allow windows to boot with a usb mouse. i used #3

------------------
                      my system has arived. all together and if i new about the usb bug in 98 with this board i would have been fiished a lot sooner.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650.(not overclocked its a real 650 they underclcoked.) 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic and 56k ext modem, xitel p storm sound card. lots of controlers joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel, and 19in monitor, usb logitech mouse.

i found the fix for the mouse hang problem.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

The techdemo ran once I downloaded and installed the northbridge and southbridge things (miniport445 and eide122) Ran sweetly at 800x600 without a glitch.
                        Wombat Aha that makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately the machine is now at its owners office so I won't be able to install Linux on it again. (I was just testing to see if I could have got the thing to run and see how fast it would run it)
                        I finally managed to crash the machine. I think I screwed up the installation of OmniPage pro 10 and pressing an odd combination of keys made it hang. Very stable compared to my previous experiences with K6-2s and K6-IIIs
                        This settles it I shall get me an OEM 32MB Dual Head Vanilla asap, the little PCI ATI Charger POS shall have to go (doesn't even want to work properly with Mandrake, my G200 ran beautifully with that OS, though it {ATI} works with BeOS which I have on an ooooold 200MB HD)
                        btw >1Gpixel/s fill rate on next gen matrox card?
                        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                        X