• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main HTPC system...

New HTPC:

Asus M2A-VM HDMI
    -Onboard ATI Radeon X1250 Video
    -HDMI card: HDMI 1.3a, S & Composite Video, PCM Audio Output Jacks
    -Onboard Realtek 8111B PCI-E Gigabit Adapter (Private NIC)
    -Onboard Realtek HD Audio ALC883
    -10x USB
    -Onboard VIA Firewire (2 ports)

AMD Athlon AM2 5600+ Stock PWM Cooler
    4GB Micron DDR-667 (2x2GB)
    Intel Pro 100 Management Adapter (Public NIC)
    Coolermaster Cavalier 4 HTPC Case

Monitor:

Westinghouse LVM42W2 42" LCD

:To be ordered: Receiver Onkyo SR705-TX
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Nice setup. What media software are you using?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

pics!
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Beyond TV Link, Beyond Media and Firefly.

The Beyond TV tuner server is tucked into a closet.

Pictures of both to come....
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Small update... going with a Marantz 5002 receiver.

I have the system cobbled together and running after a fashion, but am needing a few more little bits before it's ready for a photo shoot.

My kids are watching Ratatoullie on this rig right now, and have had ZERO issues making the transition. We still don't have Cable box control, but I have parts on the way to facilitate that.

To-dos:

1. Install SilentX components (92mm PWM Heatpipe HSF, 2x 60mm Fans, 80mm Fan). The fans I have are too loud.
          2. Install Modem (for CallerID Notification).
          3. Install COM Port cable to Internal Motherboard header (to control cable box).
          4. Run Gigabit Backchannel cable to the GbE Network.
          5. Replace Front Panel Hinges on Coolermaster case door - the folks at CoolerMaster USA are to be commended here: they really went out of their way to get me replacement parts for this case.

Won't be able to play with this for a couple of weeks: heading to Costa Rica on a business trip for 10 days.

Comment

pics!

Good choice with the Marantz
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

The Receiver arrived today! Very pleased so far. I need to cut an extra shelf for the receiver and get one more HDMI cable; then nothing can stop my evil plan!!! MUHAHAHAHAAAAaaaa!

Comment

Working...
              X