Good used H/W deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good used H/W deal

Went to an estate stale today and picked up an HP OfficeJet K80xi print/copy/fax multifunction device with 2 installed cartridges + 3 new blacks & 2 new colors. Works absolutely perfect and is very clean, almost out of the box clean.

Total power cycles: 73
    Total page count: 5,217

$15 out the door

My son picked up a LaserJet P2015 (mono laser) that's in similar condition with a full cartridge installed and a spare.

$5 out the door

Then our daughter in law invited us to their house for dinner: chilie-dog calzone's

It was a good day
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 March 2008, 19:50.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Man, cheap housing, cheap hardware, lots of good food - I'm moving to Michigan, or just moving in with you Doc (someone needs to play some hockey in that basement of yours)
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Since the house is warm, must be roller hockey. Count me in!!

"I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Man you just can't go wrong with an old laserjet. The original through 4-5 series (this includes a straight 4 or a 4000) are solid and never ever die. You think they are dead? Buy a new fuser and rollers. BAM! Perfect printer again. $40-60 toner cart and honestly for home use you'll never buy another for 5 years. I have an old laserjet 4mp with a jetdirect box hooked up to the printer port and honestly why would i buy one of these new personal laserjets that are all plastic and force me to use a front hopper instead of a printer tray?

If you work in IT you own one. A client didn't want to bother with cleaning it up and asks you to get rid of it. You might even have told them you can fix it. You spend the at worst $100 to replace the basics and it probably came with a full toner cart since that wasn't the problem
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
          Man, cheap housing, cheap hardware, lots of good food - I'm moving to Michigan, or just moving in with you Doc (someone needs to play some hockey in that basement of yours)

Didn't I hear on the Radio that every 1 in 8 collects Food Stamps in Michigan? News from couple of days ago

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Yup, that's correct but this was an estate sale...someone died and they were liquidating their assets for division among those mentioned in the will. Not uncommon in these parts.

The high food stamps issuance has several components: high unemployment (about 8%) due to companies moving out because our governor loves high taxes, the auto industry ills and changes in the Food Security and Rural Investment Act that increased eligibility including;
            • restoration of eligibility for food stamps to qualified aliens who have been in the United States at least five years
            • restoration of eligibility for immigrants receiving certain disability payments and for children, regardless of how long they have been the country
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post

......because our governor loves high taxes........

What do you think we have here...

After battling for five months, the Cook County Board has voted to more than double the county's sales tax, bringing the overall sales tax in Chicago to be the highest of any major U.S. city at 10.25 percent.

The agreement means a drink at the bar, a fast-food meal and back-to-school shopping, among other things, will get a bit more expensive in Cook County.

With just minutes to go before midnight, County Board President Todd Stroger struck a deal with board members, who approved a 1 percent increase in the sales tax – which drove Chicago's overall sales tax to double digits.

Under the deal, the county portion of the sales tax increases from 0.75 percent to 1.75 percent. As a result, someone buying $100 worth of merchandise will pay an extra dollar in sales tax.....

...."The city tax now is 10 1/2 percent, plus the special taxing district, 1 percent. We're over 11 percent in Cook County now, which is the highest in the country, and I haven't had the chance to check the other countries around the world – it's probably the highest in the world," Commissioner Tony Peraica (R-16th) said as he voted against the budget. "Congratulations to everybody."

but couple of weeks later...

The cousin of Cook County Board President Todd Stroger is defending herself Monday, saying she's more than worth the $18,000 pay raise she'll be getting from the county.

Chief Financial Officer Donna Dunnings said that is not why she is getting a 12 percent raise.

CBS 2 Political Editor Mike Flannery reports in the wake of that huge sales tax increase, the Chicago Sun-Times played her pay raise on the front page. But Donna says her qualifications to earn $160,000 a year go far beyond being Stroger's first cousin......
              Need to move one of these days, I'm just sick of it.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey View Post
                Man you just can't go wrong with an old laserjet. ...
                You've got that right. I'm still using an HP LJ III that I bought back in '90. I thought I've had it longer than that but Wiki says they were introduced in March '90. I replaced the fuser once and I was told it probably went out because I didn't have the printer on a surge protector. I now simply disconnect the A/C cord from the printer when it's not in use. I expect this printer to last at least another 18 years as long as I'm still able to get toner cartridges.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                X