Petition to save XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to save XP

PC users are trying to convince software giant Microsoft Corp. to keep its Windows XP operating system available beyond the staged withdrawal that starts June 30.

PC users are trying to convince software giant Microsoft Corp. to keep its Windows XP operating system available beyond the staged withdrawal that starts June 30.

Computing magazines ComputerWorld Canada and InfoWorld of San Francisco are running online petitions in the hope that Microsoft won't force users to eventually switch to the newer Vista system....
    I would signup if I knew where to sign!!!

Personally, I also would like to see XP exist longer...

My fathers computer is a PentiumII-450, and it would be impossible to run Vista on it (xp runs ok); my laptop is an almost two year old Pentium-M 1.2 with 512 MB, and I don't think it would run as smooth with Vista....
    (upgrading memory is very expensive last time I checked, as it has only 1 micro SODIMM slot)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I wouldn't even wanna run Vista on this machine - and I can play Crysis on it! (800x600 on low.... shuddap )
      I'm kinda hoping that Vista will go the way of WinME... meaning we just skip over it.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
        I'm kinda hoping that Vista will go the way of WinME... meaning we just skip over it.
        Completely accurate and this is largely the way Enterprises are looking at it, too.

My employer has not taken an official position, but I can say that we are definitely leaning with the majority of enterprises to date.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

We tested Vista for our company of 40,000 people and decided we're not ready!
          Imagine the business Microsoft lost there!

Comment

Working...
          X