What the h3ll is this? (LCD problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the h3ll is this? (LCD problem)

It's like a little piece of paper that randomly started falling out of the top of the LCD. So what to do - crack it open and cut it out? Get in touch with Samsung (who knows how long that would take, and they would probably ask for it to be shipped to them at some enormous cost)?
    Break out the scalpal and cut it off? Tweezers?
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

You found the Priory Scroll from the Cryptex! Run Robert! Silius the Monk is following you!
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

look behind you, it's the reflection of hailey's comet.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

The Matrix has you... That's Trinity trying to tell you to follow the white commet!

Comment

Soooo helpful
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

I'd pop the casing apart and bet the "paper" is some unremoved protective layer for the LCD that covers the border prior to assembley
            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by Dilitante1 View Post
              I'd pop the casing apart and bet the "paper" is some unremoved protective layer for the LCD that covers the border prior to assembley
              Perhaps something like the infamous plastic sheet that was encased in some Apple MacBooks ?

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It was basically a little piece of two-sided tape. We're guessing it lost some of its stickiness when the monitor would heat up, allowing it to slide down (and even be slid back up, which only temporarily fixed it).
                So I just pried the lip of the plastic up with my fingernail (careful not to scratch the screen) and folded the tape up and under the lip with my other finger. It is concealed now, and hopefully doesn't fall back out.

Comment

This was of course AFTER we took out all the screws to see if the front or back cover would pop off (it didn't, probably some clips that we would have to pry, and we didn't wanna break anything if we didn't have to).

Comment

Working...
                  X