Sandra and Athlon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandra and Athlon

i have just installed sandra 99 (standard) ran the cpu benchmark and showed me what i already knew.... but then i tested cpu multimedia bench

i get 1250 it/s in mmx test
    and 'only' 797 it/s in 3dnow
    (this is with athlon 600) when i use 3dmark it's cpu test with 3dnow give me something like 9700+ (and without 5600+)

in the same test the sse p3 test is well above and so for the 3dnow K6-3 test !

so here is my question, is sandra accurate in it's 3d now test ? and theses tests are they well optimized ?

Thank you !

Ken

Don't know the answer but the test also showed the K6 & P3 above my K7 500.

Cheers

Comment

Have you checked for updates to sandra99? You can do that by looking under help and chosing WebUpdate Wizard!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Kenny[SP], I have the latest Pro version (99.8.5.30) and I'm getting 1786 it/s (integer) 1172 it/s (floating point) in the Multimedia benchmark. Cpu benchmark though is an outstanding 2836 mips, 1107 mflops! My K7 is running @ 850mHz 1:3 on a MSI 6167. What MB are you using?

Would someone with a K7M try it? I'd like to compare.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

hey mine is old 99.6.5.10 so it may be not optimized for the athlon btw i have a msi board.. i have updated my bios to ver 1.5a, it works now flawless with my utlra 2 controller (got troubles while booting for the first time win98) th 1.4 bios was a lame, it would not boot my scsi device if one ide drive is connected....

il will download the latest standard version and tell you if there is something wrong

Comment

have downloaded latest version..
            got in cpu benchmark 1994 Mips and 821 Mflops (i thinks this is a good scale compared to your 850 mhz athlon)
            Now the Cpu Multimedia test
            I have 1257it/s in mmx test (not bad, but not so much compared to p3 500 test)
            and i have ONLY 825it/s in 3Dnow this is a lot lower than p3 one isn't 3d now said to be more powerfull over sse (i mean only in 3d, mpeg coding/decoding, and mp3) in other test i know this is false... so the question maybe what sandra test exactly...

Ken

Comment

Working...
            X