Asus Xonar adds EAX5.0 to newest driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Xonar adds EAX5.0 to newest driver

I just noticed this when dowloading the latest driver. Now there really is no reason to buy a Creative card anymore. The Prelude supports it but it uses the X-fi chip with creative drivers.

Very cool!
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

That is exciting for sure. Every review I've seen for the Xonar D2X give it rave reviews and marks...except for the price tag. But for a high end card the price is certainly acceptable.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Anybody know how to tell if it is working? I play COD4 but have I no idea if it is actually using EAX5.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Maybe not...

...Asus is misleading its customers by suggesting that its sound cards now support EAX 5. Asus sound cards do not support EAX 5, nor do they support EAX 3 or EAX 4. There are a small number of PC game titles that specifically query the audio device on the system to see if EAX 5 is available before they will attempt to render more than 64 3D simultaneous audio voices....
        Interesting.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yeah, I read that yesterday. That is a quote from Creative btw. So I don't know if they are trying to do damage control by making Asus sound bad (no pun intended) or if they are telling the truth. Interesting indeed.

Either way, I already own the card and I am very happy with the non crackling, stable drivers that work in 64-bit Vista.

Comment

Working...
          X