Free eBooks from Tor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free eBooks from Tor

For those scifi/Fantasy readers out there who aren't afraid of reading from an electronic screen, Tor, who is North America's #1 scifi/fantasy publisher, is doing a "Watch the Sky" promotion.

The gist of the promotion is this: Sign up for the Watch the Skies promotion and Tor sends you one email a week with links to an eBook (in pdf, html and prc (Mobi format for PDAs and eBook readers (aka Kindle)) format). There are also links to jacket cover art and, if you sign up by 15 May, you are entered into a drawing to win an Asus EEE laptop.

The eBook are all DRM free and the art is available for exactly 1 week. The goal is to introduce readers to high quality writers that as of yet are not very popular. The first book was Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson (the person chosen to finish the last Wheel of Time book), and I'm about half way through and it is really damn good. There will be 12 eBooks total, and 4 have been released so far. If you sign up and want any of the previous eBooks (assuming they don't send you links) I can put together a package for anyone to download.

Just thought I'd share.

eBooks released so far:

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (chosen to finish the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan)
    Old Man's War by John Scalzi (Campbel Award Winner for Best New Author 2006)
    Spin by Robert Charles Wilson (2006 Hugo Award winner for best novel)
    The Outstretched Shadow by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory

The promotion is technically open only to US residents, but anyone outside the US I'm sure can find a way to register. If somehow they block it, let me know and I'll hook you up.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett
Working...
X