PC Magazine Declares Apple OS X "Leopard" Best Operating System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Magazine Declares Apple OS X "Leopard" Best Operating System

PCMag is your complete guide to computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review tech products and services, report technology news and trends, and provide shopping advice with price comparisons.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

I just wish it was avaliable to the main stream...PC and Mac users.
    I would run it in heartbeat!

Comment

Well, I've spent the last two days working on horrendous conflicts on my Windows computer between Corel Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus and the Cineform "Neo HDV" intermediate codec.

This is just more evidence, in my mind, of why I made a very wise choice to switch to the Apple platform where this type of crappy, "blame-the-other-guy" Windows conflict is a thing of the past.

Jerry Jones

Comment

*pats his mac book pro

Considering picking up a mac pro single quad core for home, sadly the price make the admin cry
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
          *pats his mac book pro

Considering picking up a mac pro single quad core for home, sadly the price make the admin cry
          Yeah, that's my ONLY complaint with Macs. When folks ask me which is better I just say either one. Depends on what you're using it for, and what you're comfortable with.

When they hear that for what they'd spend for a baseline Mac Pro, they could get a VERY nicely equiped Windows machine, they usually balk.

The people in these forums, who are generally quite tech-savvy, have no difficulty moving back and forth between platforms. The average end-user on the other hand can be quite thick, and anything outside their comfort zone makes them sweat icecubes.

Kevin

Comment

Another thing that makes me very happy with my Apple Macintosh is the way Apple keeps my computer up-to-date -- automatically -- so that I don't have to go searching for patches, upgrades, etc.

The way Apple does this just blows Microsoft out of the water.

With Microsoft's so-called "automatic update" service, I get a *some* but not all necessary updates.

Microsoft somehow decides that *some* updates are "critical" and some are not.

Yet, I have found that when it comes to DirectX and .NET FRAMEWORK updates, I need all of them... they are *all* CRITICAL.

Yet, Microsoft fails to include many of them in the so-called "automatic update" service, forcing me -- the customer -- to go searching on the horrible Microsoft Web site for important patches, fixes, updates, etc.

If I were to treat my friends, co-workers, boss in the same manner that Bill Gates and Microsoft treat me, I would probably get kicked in the junk.

I have to wonder how it's possible that Bill Gates has been able to walk down the street unscathed while having presided over a corporation that literally disrespects and humiliates its customers in the way Microsoft does.

This guy is one of the richest individuals in the world, but he literally DOES NOT DESERVE those riches because HE DIDN'T EARN IT.

Jerry Jones
            I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
            X