Anyone have a Plextor UltraPlexwide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Plextor UltraPlexwide?

I'm getting weird results when I check the digital audio extraction capabilites of this CDR (40X max)with Adaptec EZ-CD 3.5b. I get a value of 690kb/sec, which is way too low-barely better than 4X! It's suppose to do it at 24X. My PlexWriter 8/20 does 1591kb/sec, as does my old 12/20Plex. The results are the same on any of my three SCSI controllers, and all is configured correctly, so that's not the problem, and it seems to transfer and read just files at the right speed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

------------------
    ------------------------
    PIII450 => 504 MHz, Asus P2B, G400MAX, PowerDesk 5.30, Aureal SQ 2500 (Vortex2), Klipsch Promedia V2.400 speakers, DirectX 7.0, Adaptec AHA-2940U2W and Fireport40 Dual UW SCSI controllers, Quantum Atlas 10K and WD Enterprise HDs, Plextor UtraPlex Wide, S&F 4012 CDR, the last ISA modem, etc.

I was getting the same kind of problems with Nero. It seems to me that it depends on the media you are trying to read. Sometimes, if you are reading from a poor quality (el cheapo) CDR, the transfer rate is way low...

I haven't found a solve however. Try using CDRWin to see if it's not related to the program. (simulated or use a CDRW first).

Regards,

Jake

------------------
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    MGA-G200 8Mb Mill. bios ver. 2.3, Abit BH6 mobo bios ver. LN, PIII-450@558, 128Mb PC-133 SDRAM, 17" Hitachi monitor, Plextor 40TS CDROM, Panasonic 7502 CDR. Diamond MX300 A3D PCI soundcard.
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Jake,

Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned that the rates I was quoting were for the same music CD. I was concerned about the quality of the CD, since most CDR's will slow down for bad CDs.

I was hopeful when I found a firmware update for my UltraPlex Wide (1.00 to 1.02) which supposedly improved digital audio extraction, but it had no effect.

John

Comment

Have a Plextor PX-40TS, Nero say Audio read speed 23x.
        Firmware 1.01
        Stefan

[This message has been edited by jsb (edited 03 December 1999).]

Comment

Did the firmware update to 1.02, same in nero, with Adaptec EZ-CD 3.5b. I get a value of 2300 kb/sec with poor CD.

Stefan

Comment

Working...
          X