Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxf needed

Hello!

I'm working on a program that ought to be able to import/export dxf files (using dxf-lib). So far, all goes well, but I'm having problems finding simple sample files with circles, ellipses and arcs...
    As we ourself have no dxf generation software, I cannot make my own testfiles.

So, any of you guys here work with a program to create dxf files?

If so, is it possible to post a file with a couple of ellipses, one with a couple of circles and one with a couple of arcs (both circular and elliptical) ?

Thanks!!!!!!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Is that of any use?

Comment

Nice link, I'll certainly give them a go...

Problem I have is that DXF lib appear to make interpreting BLOCKs quite difficult, I was hoping to find some files where the entities are not contained in blocks...
      It would also be convenient to have VERY small files (just one or two objects), this makes debugging easier...

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Just tried them, they are still too complex... I'm trying to figure out how the BLOCK section works, but the dxflib manual is very silent on this top (and the dxf spec just explains the syntax).

Could someone perhaps make the following files
        • file with a single polyline or polygon
        • file with a single polyline or polygon contained in a block
        • file with an elliptical arc

Thanks!!!!

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
          Just tried them, they are still too complex... I'm trying to figure out how the BLOCK section works, but the dxflib manual is very silent on this top (and the dxf spec just explains the syntax).

Could someone perhaps make the following files
          • file with a single polyline or polygon
          • file with a single polyline or polygon contained in a block
          • file with an elliptical arc

Thanks!!!!

Jörg

You're speaking the "AutoCad" language……

Check your PM.....

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Thanks for the help!
            Just a quick question: what is the impact of putting entities in a block?
            (coordinates, ...)

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
              Thanks for the help!
              Just a quick question: what is the impact of putting entities in a block?
              (coordinates, ...)

Jörg

Using anything “standard” will work fine. It’s the fancy stuff like special font or line font that will give you problems.

A “block” itself is best when exploded (or simplified) before making DXF out of it.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Yeah, but when reading dxf files using dxflib, it can get quite tricky...

I have a file in which a CIRCLE is contained in a BLOCK which is contained in an INSERT... Due to the fact that we internally use our own model for representing 3D vector objects, I need to make a lot of modifications to pull this off...
                Apparently, in the dxf file, INSERTS are referred to by name, just like LAYERS; whereas blocks are basically markers around the entities.

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

Working...
                X